Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Awesome
new doors for 31 thundercat >

new doors for 31 thundercat

Notices

new doors for 31 thundercat

Old 01-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gary, Check out these door entry units. The min. thickness shown is .31" Using the .25" doors that we spoke about, you could make a spacer to fit between the two assemblies. I prefer a handle unit for a door opener. Had a knob previously and hated them.
http://www.southco.com/product/class.aspx?cid=7409
Old 01-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32
Wow, you really gained a ton of cockpit room by moving the bulkhead back, that;s looks great, I wish had more room between the bench & bolsters, that s the #1 complaint I get from HQ, I looks like you added more hull supports in the cabin area as well?
Gary, I noticed too what Randy pointed out. Looks like you are adding the "ladies room" on the port side. On the starboard side between the tunnel and the hull side, looks like two additional mini-bulkheads were added aft of the forward main bulkhead. Correct? Love that extra area in the cockpit. One word: PARTYTIME
Old 01-22-2010, 06:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Richard,you're correct on bulkheads,the small ones will have removeable cushions for storage.in front of main bulk their is another full width bulkhead and small ones in each sponson tips.aft bulk behind bench is doubled up.don't want any issues I've read abouta.those I owe credit to Sparky for.too bad he's so far away now.and on the door handles they're 90 bucks a piece.and non returnable.they are chrome, locking, and in Troy, mi.call me when you can,you also Jeff and anyone else interested in doors.the more we get the cheaper the cost.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Registered

e-mail sent to you
Old 02-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Registered

How are we doing with the doors?

Summer is coming
Old 03-04-2010, 07:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

hows the project coming along feline? The Awesome forum is dead
Old 03-09-2010, 02:55 AM
JBBEARD
Gold Member

when can I buy a set? I want the hatches so I can get my fat ass into the cabin-!!!

When do you plan to build the doors? mine are crappy and I need new ones which will close and lock and stay closed at 100MPH!!!
\
Originally Posted by feline frenzy
hey i got the first draft of the new doors im gonna have made for the cat.they will be machined outta billet alum,picture doesnt door it justice,if your intrested let me know? but you cant use the same design in door as i am.gotta be unique,can have any design you want added still working on pricing,and you can get just the door jam and have the door cut outta plexi.pm me and ill email you pics as i cannot post them,maybe someone could do it for me.frame dimension is 20 by 46 outside,door is 17 by 43,theres the pic,now thats just first drawing will have another next week with the lift up lid as you spoke of sparky.and they will be killer!
Old 03-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Registered

Well I got the handles finally yesterday now if I could get my jackass brother in law to finish the cad work! Hopefully soon or I'm going elsewhere. Sorry for delay
Old 03-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Registered

Diid you do the doors with the lift up top lids like I did on my boats ?
Old 03-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Registered

No Sparky.the majority spoke and staying like they were so their a direct replacement.to everyone else I sloped my brother in law and the cad will be done next week than ill have prices.the handles alone. Are 250 ish so.the billett I can get at cost so stay tuned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.