Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Awesome
Awesome Spotted In De River , Bad Ass !!!!!!!!!!! >

Awesome Spotted In De River , Bad Ass !!!!!!!!!!!

Notices

Awesome Spotted In De River , Bad Ass !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-25-2010, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
1) Agree on the sun pad and interior colors. Those can be changed without breaking the bank.
2) The AO, Chris Cat or Awesome's will handle 4'-5' chop has best can be expected. The extra weight of this type of cat does have it's advantage. Remember, this is only a 31' cat with an 8 1/2' beam. Not a 40' and a 10' beam cat.
3) Do not know the exact dimension. The 31 has a large cabin area. For a 31' cat. Don't try to compare the cabin size in a cat vs. a V-hull.

Have you ridden in a 31' cat?
Rotax, I'm only comparing the "bed-room" (you can't really call it "head-room") in the 31' with the 38' Awesome. The pics seem to suggest that the 31' may actually have more room between the bed and the ceiling than the 38'. I apologize, I should have made it more clear that I was comparing a 31' cat with a 38' cat and not a 38' V.

I haven't ridden in a 31' cat. That's why I'm uncertain of whether or not it would handle the water that I generally boat in. I'm comfortable in that water in a 26' V bottom wide open, but I don't know if the 31' cat would get tossed around or be otherwise unstable.

The only cat that I've been in is a 38' Awesome, and that, of course, handled the water just fine.

I never realized that the 31' Awesomes only had an 8.5' beam.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are comfortable in a 26 ft V wide open then you will be more then happy with a 31 AO or Awesome.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[
Fair price for the year and equipment. Randy's 31 is a great deal. PM RAN-DOM 32 for details.[/QUOTE]
thanks Richard http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o35780-en.html

she's listed & ready to rock
Old 08-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ready to go

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32
[
Fair price for the year and equipment. Randy's 31 is a great deal. PM RAN-DOM 32 for details.
thanks Richard http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o35780-en.html

she's listed & ready to rock[/QUOTE]

There you go wjb21ndtown, here is a cat that is ready to roll. Want to find out what the ride is, give Randy a call.

Last edited by ROTAX454; 08-26-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
Rotax, I'm only comparing the "bed-room" (you can't really call it "head-room") in the 31' with the 38' Awesome. The pics seem to suggest that the 31' may actually have more room between the bed and the ceiling than the 38'. I apologize, I should have made it more clear that I was comparing a 31' cat with a 38' cat and not a 38' V.

I haven't ridden in a 31' cat. That's why I'm uncertain of whether or not it would handle the water that I generally boat in. I'm comfortable in that water in a 26' V bottom wide open, but I don't know if the 31' cat would get tossed around or be otherwise unstable.

The only cat that I've been in is a 38' Awesome, and that, of course, handled the water just fine.

I never realized that the 31' Awesomes only had an 8.5' beam.
This was a quote from another Awesome thread on the subject of buying a 31 cat.
"The cabin area (although not that big) played a part in why I purchased my cat. The ladies HAVE to HAVE a place to store their stuff, change their clothes, #1 in private, powder their nose, make woopie in private, make lunch, blend some margaritta's, etc, etc, etc. More so with kids too." Satisfy your questions, go see Randy.