Awesome 260 Ride Quality

Notices

Awesome 260 Ride Quality

Old 09-13-2015, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awesome 260 Ride Quality

Hello,

I am looking at a 2001 260 that is for sale in Connecticut and during the sea trial all the boat did was bounce like crazy and then the electric fuel pump stopped working and ended the short ride. The owner is fixing the electric fuel pump issue and we will then try again.

Can anyone let me know if these boats are know to porpoise? We only got to about 60 mph and played with the trim a little before the boat stopped running.

If you could call or e-mail me I would really appreciate it. My Cell # is 860-280-8095 or you can e-mail at [email protected]

Thank you!
Bruce
Old 09-13-2015, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

I've always really liked this hull. I've read and seen some of these boats really fly w/ stout power. I do think the true tunnel 26 ft single engine cat I/O boat takes some time to properly setup. I remember going for a ride on one years ago w/ a 700 NA motor and the boat leaned like crazy to a side (can't remember port or starboard) at slower speeds, starting porpoising aggressively at mid speeds and then rode like a dream at speeds around 90. I own a 26 ft AO and like that it rides predictable at all speeds however I'm sure it wouldn't be as fast or smooth in the rough as the 26FX. I'm also confident you'll find people on this forum that will help you properly set the boat up if you want to buy it and it needs a little tuning. Good luck!
Old 09-13-2015, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the input! I'm hoping with a little more time on the water we can get things worked out.