Notices

100 +??

Old 04-17-2016, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 100 +??

Question for the experienced boaters out there

I'm told by my cousin who lives in Kalkaska MI, that there is a 38ft Awesome Cat full cabin cat that runs 100+ mph in northern Michigan, I say he is badly mistaken! aren't those boats slow and heavy? any body know for sure?
Old 04-17-2016, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

C1000.....you have some unique posts on this site

Who are you?
Where do you live?
What kind of boat do you have?

Sounds like your close enough that maybe we can do some running together!

There are MANY 38' Awesome Cats that run over 100mph, which yes power for power they are slower then a Skater, but the info is all over this site and normally listed when you see one for sale in the ad.

Plus I don't know of any cat that can't run over 100 relatively easily......
Old 04-17-2016, 09:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
C1000.....you have some unique posts on this site

Who are you?
Where do you live?
What kind of boat do you have?

Sounds like your close enough that maybe we can do some running together!

There are MANY 38' Awesome Cats that run over 100mph, which yes power for power they are slower then a Skater, but the info is all over this site and normally listed when you see one for sale in the ad.

Plus I don't know of any cat that can't run over 100 relatively easily......
thanks for the reply offshore love your videos! I live in the thumb bad axe area, relatives in Kalkaska so we get to the area couple times in the summer. I have a cobalt that needs motor work, and it will be great to get up that way and boat one day.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 04-17-2016, 10:33 PM
Registered

Default port austin

c1000, saw your post lived in P.A. for about 40years worked in Bad Axe mostly, When the weather is good boating on Saginaw bay, Lake Huron is great been in Cali about 30 yrs now, Still miss those great boating days on the lake the Bay, When the weather is good cant be beat injoy the seasons to short.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pt austin pirate
c1000, saw your post lived in P.A. for about 40years worked in Bad Axe mostly, When the weather is good boating on Saginaw bay, Lake Huron is great been in Cali about 30 yrs now, Still miss those great boating days on the lake the Bay, When the weather is good cant be beat injoy the seasons to short.
Port Austin is very nice, the coast from PA though the bay and up to Tawas is great area! I assume you boat in the SF bay area?
Old 04-21-2016, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C1000
Question for the experienced boaters out there

I'm told by my cousin who lives in Kalkaska MI, that there is a 38ft Awesome Cat full cabin cat that runs 100+ mph in northern Michigan, I say he is badly mistaken! aren't those boats slow and heavy? any body know for sure?
PM Chattviper on this site. Believe he once owned a 38. Being a former owned, he can provide you with the straight info. For a cat, not a great hull design.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
PM Chattviper on this site. Believe he once owned a 38. Being a former owned, he can provide you with the straight info. For a cat, not a great hull design.
Rotax454 I also heard the design wasn't the best, I wont bother Chattviper but if he see this it would be great to hear from a past owner about speeds
Old 04-26-2016, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As told to me by Sparky Olsen, the tunnel design is very shallow for that size cat. Possible other design flaws, but that one stands out. If your looking for (only primary concern) a cat with a super size cabin, the 38 Awesome is your boat.