Need help deciding witch boat >

Need help deciding witch boat

Notices

Need help deciding witch boat

Old 06-07-2005, 02:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help deciding witch boat

Starting to get the itch to go with a bigger boat. Currently have a 2000 29 Outlaw, 502's with all the possible bolt ons. The boat does 80 so the next has gotta be faster. Been looking around thinking of going with a Cig Top Gun. Really like the Baja's but seems like the Cig's with the same power are almost 10mph faster. If anybody has some insight on how it compares to say the 36 or 40 Outlaw please make some posts.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:52 AM
Registered

Default Re: Need help deciding witch boat

I have the same year, model and would love a 38TG!!!!! I love Baja's but there is no comparison.....As ET or anyone owning a Cig!
Old 06-07-2005, 10:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kilroy
I have the same year, model and would love a 38TG!!!!! I love Baja's but there is no comparison.....As ET or anyone owning a Cig!
I ALSO HAVE A 29 AND LOOKING AT A CIG OR NORTECH.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:24 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=baja john]Starting to get the itch to go with a bigger boat. Currently have a 2000 29 Outlaw, 502's with all the possible bolt ons. The boat does 80 so the next has gotta be faster. Been looking around thinking of going with a Cig Top Gun. Really like the Baja's but seems like the Cig's with the same power are almost 10mph faster. If anybody has some insight on how it compares to say the 36 or 40 Outlaw please make some posts.[/QUOT

I HAVE A 1999 36 OUTLAW THAT HAS ALOT MORE CABIN
ROOM THEN A CIG AND I THINK THE BOAT IS THE SAME SIZE AS A 38 CIG OR AT LEAST LOOKS THAT WAY AND IT
RIDES GREAT AND IT'S ONLY HALF THE PRICE OF A CIG
THATS THE BEST PART.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:14 PM

Can't beat a baja for the money. Not the best but probably the best value. The cig may be faster with the same power but not for the same money. If you spent the money saved on motor upgrades in the baja I bet it would be considerably faster than the cig. On the other hand I would also like to have something you don't see every time your on the lake.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Registered

what about a 353 FASTECH mid 80's with 525's
twice the quality and ride is unbelievable
Old 06-07-2005, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 2,972 Likes on 982 Posts

I sold my 24' Outlaw and got a Top Gun...Love Baja, have nothing bad to say about them but....Buy the Cig! A Cigarette is a Cigarette, you'll never regret your choice.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love our 36 Outlaw, but it is not the fastest boat out there and takes a LOT of power to make them move.

My first choice would be a 38 Top Gun twin step w/ 525's.
I have a friend with that exact boat and it is really sweet.

My second choice would be a nice 38 Scarab. There are a couple of really nice clean used ones on the market and they are super nice boats. I think they have one of the best running attitudes I have ever seen. The cuddy offers more than the cig.

With all three of the above boats you get a TRUE 36 and 38 foot boat. They all have an alumium bolt on swim platform.

I personally to not like Formula. They make a great boat. The build quality it there for sure. They are just dated and the graphics leave a lot to be desired. This is just my opinion, not trying to make any Formula guys mad. We have a friend with a 353 and our boat is MUCH larger, in length, height, cockpit room and cuddy room.

You have to go to the 38 Formula to get a boat the size of our 36 Outlaw, and the options like A/C that we got. And that will cost you $100K more than the Outlaw! And our boat looks more like the Cig without the windshield

You will have to go to a stepped hull boat to get faster than your 29 Outlaw if you go to the 36 + foot range.

Good luck shopping.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:42 AM
Registered

Baja John, how about some pics of your ride, in and out?
I have a 2000 33 Outlaw/502s that I may put up for sale/trade a little later. I love the 33, but with just myself and my wife most of the time, we really don't need the room.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the replies guys!!!

That is the toss up between the boats. Baja more comfort in the cabin but takes a lot more power to move or the Cig thats more bare but has the speed. I think its gonna be the Cig. There's not 1 up here so somebodies gotta be the first.

Would like to post some pics of my Baja now but not the full member. will sign up soon.

Quick Reply: Need help deciding witch boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.