Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Need some info >

Need some info

Notices

Need some info

Old 07-24-2006, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some info

Anyone have a BAJA that has a head with a holding tank, can you send me a picture or even an internet link to the one in your boat? I have a porta pottie with a pump out and want to convert to an actual holding tank.

Do I need to get a vacuflush or are there different kinds? I am hoping to do this fast and for less than a grand. What do you guys think? I have a 342.

[email protected]
Old 07-24-2006, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Need some info

Originally Posted by duksrule
Anyone have a BAJA that has a head with a holding tank, can you send me a picture or even an internet link to the one in your boat? I have a porta pottie with a pump out and want to convert to an actual holding tank.

Do I need to get a vacuflush or are there different kinds? I am hoping to do this fast and for less than a grand. What do you guys think? I have a 342.

[email protected]
I added one to my 33 this past winter.

I installed the holding tank under the step in the cabin. I was able to get a 15 gallon under there. It worked out very well. I got the Jabsco toilet. I don't have a picture of the holding tank but here is the toilet.

Here's a link to where I bought my holding tank. They will special make any size.

http://www.plastic-mart.com/
Attached Thumbnails Need some info-471-7138_img-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Steel Outlawed; 07-24-2006 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:19 PM

Where did you get the toilet? I guess I need to yank the pottie out and see how much room is in there and how it is secured. I think the tank will be the easy part because it goes under the floor.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:33 PM

Do the electric toilets pump the waste to the tank so you don't need the tank to be right below the toilet? I looked at some of the electric toilets that have the maserator pump on the toilet.

Also should I run it off of my fresh water tank or install it to suck the water in from outside? I run in the ocean so I am not sure what the salt water would do to everything.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:33 PM
Registered

http://www.onlinemarine.com/cgi-loca....htm?E+scstore
Old 07-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Registered

Mine has the macerator built in. I would not go too far away with the holding tank.

I draw my water from the lake. That way you have a unlimited supply.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:14 AM

I am looking at some of these electric toilets and they say one botton operation. Is this one push to fill the bowl and then another push to flush? I think this is going to be my sunday project if I can round up all the parts.

For the holding tank, do they come with a line inside of them for the pumpout and then you just hook your line to a fitting or is there some sort of kit for all the plumbing?

This is what I see that I need. Let me know if I am on the right track
-Toilet of some sort
-Holding tank with hose inside to the bottom for pumpout.
-Connect pumpout line from tank to my original pumpout hose
-Vent filter for holding tank
-Hose from toilet to tank
-Inlet water to toilet plumbed into the fresh water of the boat or thru the haul. (still debating on this sinse I run in the ocean)
-Wire the switch to one of my breakers
Old 07-25-2006, 08:30 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you are on the right track. You will also need a vent fitting for the hull and for the tank and hose to connect them. Salt water is okay to flush with since it naturally kills the bacteria that make the stink. If you do use tank water make sure you put in a one-way check valve so there is no chance of toilet water backing up into the fresh side. A standard holding tank should have 3 fitting holes- a 1.5" at the top from the toilet, a 1.5" at the bottom for pump out, and a 3/4" near the top for a vent. As long as the pump out hose is attached to the bottom fitting, it will draw the tank almost all the way down with no need for an internal dip hose.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Registered

You probably already have the vent fitting since you have a pump porta pottie. One thing to think about is the pump out fitting on the tank it’s a good idea to put it on the top, that way if it breaks the waste will not run out in the bottom of the boat. I had the fitting put in the top and used a down tube to pick up the waste.

Make sure you have a strainer if you are going to pick up the water from the outside, and a shut off valve. The toilet has one switch only it draws water and flushes at the same time.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:45 AM

My porta pottie has a pumpout and a vent on it already. Not sure if the vent has a filter or not. I am guessing I can just connect those two hoses to the holding tank. Then one hose from the toilet to the tank. For the intake water, where should I mount the water pickup if I go through the haul? I would guess on the side somewhere, below the waterline? Or does that matter, I know my A/C pickup and generator pickup go through the bottom. Any brain surgery to putting in a thru haul fitting other than don't drill through a rib or spare?

Do you have any trouble with your head flushing? I read some reviews that say the 1 inch hose cloggs.

Also how does the flush button work? Push once to fill bowl and another time to flush and pump to the tank?

Quick Reply: Need some info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.