Thru-hull tips >

Thru-hull tips

Notices

Thru-hull tips

Old 04-21-2007, 12:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thru-hull tips

Anybody know right off hand if the thru-hull tips on a 88 240 sport are straight mount? The flappers burned out plus they aren't looking too good anymore anyhow so I need some new ones. From what I could tell it looks like they are but the swim platform I have doesn't allow me to put a square on the long part of the tip. Any help is appreciated, thanks!!
Old 04-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Registered

I had a 89 240 sport they were straight.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:34 AM
Registered

Try out Trick marine. I got a set of tips through them a few years back. They should know if you don't get your answer.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by c_deezy
Anybody know right off hand if the thru-hull tips on a 88 240 sport are straight mount? The flappers burned out plus they aren't looking too good anymore anyhow so I need some new ones. From what I could tell it looks like they are but the swim platform I have doesn't allow me to put a square on the long part of the tip. Any help is appreciated, thanks!!

hey, were you down at pier 75 saturday? I thought I seen your boat hooked to the tractor. Went over to say hi but didn't see ya. I didn;t even get mine down from the rack.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by danh63
hey, were you down at pier 75 saturday? I thought I seen your boat hooked to the tractor. Went over to say hi but didn't see ya. I didn;t even get mine down from the rack.
Yep I didn't get over there until about 1 or so on Saturday, had to take the long way along the lake to check out the water so it took forever to get over there, they've been on me to get it off the trailer so had to get that taken care of. Took about an hour and had it fired up and off the trailer, made it out for about 2 hours on Saturday and then all afternoon on Sunday. The lake was fantastic both days, the water is still a little cold but you could swim if you really wanted to. My cousin actually took his 21 foot bowrider over to PIB on Saturday it was so calm. But once again I had to learn my lesson about sunscreen the hard way and got cooked.

I was kind of surprised there weren't more people down there given the nice weather but they are only open until 5 pm right now so maybe that was part of it. My bro and I were over there last Wednesday and took a peek into the barn and checked out your ride, very nice. If it would have been down on the floor level you might have been missing your swim platform (just kidding)!!
Old 04-24-2007, 06:44 AM
Registered

Thanks!

I usually put it in the water and get it on the trailer and take it to a warehouse to get it ready but not this year. I figured it would be really busy and there would be no racks that is why I didn't work on mine, that and I had to get the bike out of storage and ready for summer. Hopefully will be down there soon as all i am going to do is wax and clean it this year.

Was there a lot of crap floating in the water?
Old 04-24-2007, 05:42 PM
Registered

There wasn't too much junk in the water but there were a few logs/trees that could be a doozy if you hit them, you definitely have to be watching ahead of where you are going. But hell there is always junk floating around in that river, my damn speedo is still screwed up from hitting a log last year.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by c_deezy
There wasn't too much junk in the water but there were a few logs/trees that could be a doozy if you hit them, you definitely have to be watching ahead of where you are going. But hell there is always junk floating around in that river, my damn speedo is still screwed up from hitting a log last year.

I had the same problem. Had to use a paperclip and air compressor to get the wood out of the little hole