Notices

Remove rear seat back

Old 12-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remove rear seat back

How do I remove the rear bench seat back on my '99 29 Outlaw? Someone said it just lifts out but mine is very tight. I don't find any screws or bolts that may hold it in and don't want to force it un-till I know that there is nothing holding it in?
Old 12-28-2007, 09:22 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look under the seat in the storage area and you should find two to four screws on the back lip going up into the kack part of the seat. Remove those and very easy try to lift it out. Keep in mind that the arm rests at each end of the seat are made onto the back. Some come right out. If it still does not budge then yours is like mine and has screws up inside the gunwale that are screwed through the fiberglass into the arm rests on each end. I had two on each end and they were just about impossible to reach.

They do come out, you just have to find all the screws. Take your time and don't damage the vinyl.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Thanks, I'll get in there with a mirror and light and search out the little buggers.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Look under the seat in the storage area and you should find two to four screws on the back lip going up into the kack part of the seat. Remove those and very easy try to lift it out. Keep in mind that the arm rests at each end of the seat are made onto the back. Some come right out. If it still does not budge then yours is like mine and has screws up inside the gunwale that are screwed through the fiberglass into the arm rests on each end. I had two on each end and they were just about impossible to reach.

They do come out, you just have to find all the screws. Take your time and don't damage the vinyl.

Hey Doc, you sure theres no screws through the upper back portion of the seat that are accesible through the engine compartment at the "fire wall"? That's the way our 97 24 was. Thought the 29 was pretty much the same from the same era.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Thanks guys. Got it out today. Looks like at one time there were two screws/bolts coming up from inside the seat base. They were already out and the vinyl was just stuck to the fiberglass. Got brave and gave it a little pry and out it came. Now for the "Oh it looks like a lot of fun" changing of the impellers. Thanks again.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep somtime the seat it tight coming out if its the first time or been a while.
Yes the impellors are fun....NOT!!!!
Pretty much go by feel.
Good luck
Old 12-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I changed impellers once with the seat in in my 29. Hell, now I take the seat out just to check the oil.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Well, not as bad as it looked. Good thing I did this. I just bought the boat and thought I should change the impellers just to be sure they were in good shape. One was missing two fins and looked to be about to self distruct the rest. I sure would not have wanted to do this in 100 plus temps at the lake while we should be out having fun. Can't even imagine doing this with the seat back in.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:09 AM
Registered

I just do it with the seat in, Both complete in about 2-2 1/2 hrs.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Registered

Anyone know if the 25 outaws seat comes out the same way? changeing the impellor would be a lot easier with the seat out of the way

Quick Reply: Remove rear seat back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.