Post #5000 Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Post #5000 Thread

Post #5000
Friday June 13th 2008

Thanks guys for the suggestions on what I should write about for #5000.

Enjoy the shirts & Hats

JaayTeee
Start a thread on re-rigging the boat with the new power.

Man has this been an experience. I’ll try to keep it short but it could turn into a book. Back in November I decided to pull the 500’s out and detail and paint the bilge and just check the engines over real good, change hoses out for new and clean out the oil filter or possibly replace it with a new one. In talking with some guys I decided that I would go ahead and change the heads to aluminum and drop the compression back down to stock. Well I have had blower fever for a long time so why not go ahead and put blowers on also. I got a great price and placed and order for both. From years on this sight and seeing folks have both good luck and bad luck I decided to get the help of a professional and chose Mark Boos at Precision Marine. I took the 500’s down to him in January and we also decided to stroke them to 540’s Well one thing lead to another and the 500’s are back home and I have built two complete new motors that should be done next week. The first one made 805 HP at 5500 RPM with 6-½ lbs of boost. The bilge is looking great, the transom assemblies are rebuilt and I have new outdrives ready to go on. I’ll start a new thread and detail more on this project.

Boatme
how about NOTHING title it Nothing

Well I am a huge Seinfeld fan and that was the first thing I thought about when I saw your post. Nothing is nothing without something and something is never nothing. So I have no clue how to write about nothing as nothing comes to mind.

Never Enuff
Write about how wonderful Tommie has been putting up with you while you waited for your engines.

Wonderful she is! Many of you know that I have been married three times. Yes it took three tries to get it right for me but we have now been married 19 years and she really does put up with a lot but supports me 100% and if she told you the truth she is more excited about the new power then I am. You should hear her on the phone with Mark when he calls with an engine update.

TeamBaja
Start a Thread titled "Job Ideas For TEAMBAJA"

Allied Bearings Statesville, North Carolina

But you would have to work for a living! LOL

Greg you have become a wonderful friend and I sincerely hope the right job comes along and Tommie and I both wish you the very best future. You are a nice guy, very bright and simply fun to be around. I cannot see you doing anything else that is not marine related but the world is yours. Set your goals and dreams HIGH and reach as far for them as possible and you will not be disappointed. I really like the idea you had of getting your captains license and driving the ferry or something along those lines. Hey I have a good one sign up on a crab boat on the deadliest catch and make some big money and entertain us at the same time! Or you could be Clayton’s personal body guard but that would be hard work also.

Smitty
How about something along the lines of how much money can you spend on a Baja and how much improved the boat is since the day it left the factory.

Yeah that can be a long thread also. There are a lot of folks on here that can add to this including SteelOutlawed, Crayola Crazy, JaayTeee and many others.

Bottom line is that it has all been good for me. I got a nice boat at a good price we could afford and the problems and improvements have taught me a lot. I will start a thread on this, good idea.

How about how many laughs and stories and friends you have experienced as a result of buying and keeping that boat.

WOW another great idea that is going to be a huge thread. Man we have had three boats since 1999 and have put a total of over 700 hours on them and have done over 35 poker runs which means 35 great parties and 1000's of boating friends. Three 1st place best hands, one second best, one best looking crew, one best interior and 13 magazines! We've been to four offshore boat races, two OSO winter parties, four OSO Miami boat show parties and FPC parties in Miami also and have had the honor of drawing for Poker Run World champion three times. We've been member of two clubs, traveled over 70,000 miles and been to at least 12 boat shows and visited three boat factories. I’m still trying to figure out how it was all possible.

How about a story about how your boat can go 100 mph in 6-8 footers

It cannot be done in my boat and I do not have the skill to do it in any other boat and I am too old to ride with anyone that thinks they can do that!
Attached Thumbnails Post #5000 Thread-picture-153-custom-.jpg   Post #5000 Thread-picture-169-custom-.jpg   Post #5000 Thread-lkn-baja-piedmont-pilot-001.jpg  

Last edited by Dock Holiday; 06-13-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say is "CONGRATS"--it's been a hell of a ride.
I'm proud to call you friend----enough said!
Jay
Old 06-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

the first 5000 are always the hardest
Old 06-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Registered

Please share some of your wisdom with us.

Dock says.........................and you will lead a better.................
Old 06-14-2008, 01:21 AM
Registered

Congrats on the 5 Grand!!
Old 06-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

How long will it take me to catch up with your post count at this rate. Congrats on the 5000
Mark
Old 06-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Registered

Congrats on the 5000 Mark....I'm almost there!
Old 06-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Registered

That is easy check out the seacor cheetah http://www.seacormarine.com/ All you have to do is replace the MTU's with 4 EMD 16-64SE7 at 10,000 hp each.
And don't worry Dock I bet you wouldn't mind riding with me You have seem pull up the rear before. I bet it would give the kat killer hell on a day that NOAA called 6 to 8 foot.
And yes I am Licensed to operate this vessel
Dock please drop me a line at [email protected]
Jimmy
Old 06-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by packinheat
That is easy check out the seacor cheetah http://www.seacormarine.com/ All you have to do is replace the MTU's with 4 EMD 16-64SE7 at 10,000 hp each.
And don't worry Dock I bet you wouldn't mind riding with me You have seem pull up the rear before. I bet it would give the kat killer hell on a day that NOAA called 6 to 8 foot.
And yes I am Licensed to operate this vessel
Dock please drop me a line at [email protected]
Jimmy
Oh hell!

Where you been hiding at buddy?

Will I get in a boat with you? NO

I get scared just talking with you!
Old 06-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Registered

Been operating a dive vessel in Belize. Just got back in the states this week

Quick Reply: Post #5000 Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.