Fox Chapel Lake Erie this weekend? >

Fox Chapel Lake Erie this weekend?

Notices

Fox Chapel Lake Erie this weekend?

Old 08-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TWIN-SPINS
stopped by lymans for lunch,,,,,i didnt see doc's boat????
Dock and his wife were our guests on Split Decision this weekend.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doc,
Thanks again for the strawberrys at Bag The Moon. I still cannot believe how great the weather was on Saturday and Sat. night. Sunday AM was rolling some good 5-6 footers that would not have been as fun. I hope that Fox Chapel keeps this same format next year too.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We had a great time cant wait to get back to work so i can rest.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fox Chapel Poker Run in review

Saturday September 16, 2008

By: Dock Holiday

First of all I need to extend a huge Thank You to Jeff Wilson and all his volunteers that did an incredible job on this year’s poker run.

My wife and I were really looking forward to making it back up to Lake Erie again this year for our third time but we had no idea that this would turn out to be one of the most enjoyable runs we have ever done. The event was really organized well, the weather could not have been more beautiful and the card stops were perfect. Add to that the fact that the phone rang a few weeks ago and we were invited to be the quest of Hawkeye Marine on what I consider to be the finest Baja every to leave Bucyrus “Split Decision” and it simply does not get any better.

I cannot thank Hawkeye and Jason Billmeyer enough for what was truly the best poker run experience I have had in seven years and 37 poker runs. Split Decision is just an amazing boat and with seven people on board and a full load of fuel it still ran 90 MPH on the GPS and the true 40 foot hull with the Mercury 700’s and the NXT drives taught a lot of poker runners to respect the big Baja. We were never worse the sixth to arrive at a card stop and that was always coming from behind and chasing down many boats including 38 and 39 Top Guns, every Fountain at the event and even the very fast Apache 36 of our friend Steve. This boat is simply the perfect combination of boat size, weight and power and when you launch off a 2 to 3 footers at 89 MPH and she only looses 3 MPH and then is right back at that 90 MPH mark it is a rush that I will not soon forget. Jason is one of the best drivers I have ridden with and someone needs to put this young fellow in a race boat where he can really shine.

If you have never been to Sandusky, Cedar Point, Kelly’s Island or Put-In-Bay you are missing what I will call the premier fresh water boating destination in the United States. We used to enjoy heading to Destin Florida this same weekend which is a beautiful boating destination but there is no comparison when you are in the 50’s and low 60’s at night and only the low 80’s during the day and the area offers so much for boaters that you will not find anywhere else. I’m definitely planning a full week vacation there next year with our boat and look forward to seeing all the wonderful folks we have met there.

Special thanks to Roger & Stef (aka “RHC”) for all their hospitality and dinner Thursday night. You guys are true friends and we sure enjoyed the time spent with you and I especially enjoyed the evening boat ride in the beautiful 38 Fountain.

Special thanks also to Doug & Linda Smith, Dean Reynolds and J.R. Jenny for coming in on your day off to show us all the exciting things going on at Checkmate. I am impressed with everything you guys are doing and especially the 28 you can at the Poker Run. That boat is awesome in person and I appreciate the offer to drive that bad boy.
Team “Split Decision”

Jason, Ashley, Greg, Clayton, Nichole, Mark & Tommie

Awesome weekend and I look forward to seeing you all again next year.

Dock Holiday
Attached Thumbnails Fox Chapel Lake Erie this weekend?-split-decision-8-16-08-247.jpg   Fox Chapel Lake Erie this weekend?-split-decision-8-16-08-195.jpg   Fox Chapel Lake Erie this weekend?-split-decision-8-16-08-208.jpg  

Old 08-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dock.... Nice meeting you on Friday. Wish I could have made it up ... for church if nothing else Glad you had a good time!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:37 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by WOTW2E
Good to finally meet you Doc. We had a great time and hope y'all did to. Thanks again for taking care of us Fri night at Nick's.
Great to meet you also buddy. We had a blast and cannot wait for next year!
Attached Thumbnails Fox Chapel Lake Erie this weekend?-split-decision-8-16-08-015.jpg   Fox Chapel Lake Erie this weekend?-split-decision-8-16-08-020.jpg   Fox Chapel Lake Erie this weekend?-split-decision-8-16-08-021.jpg  

Old 08-18-2008, 08:43 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
Doc,
Thanks again for the strawberrys at Bag The Moon. I still cannot believe how great the weather was on Saturday and Sat. night. Sunday AM was rolling some good 5-6 footers that would not have been as fun. I hope that Fox Chapel keeps this same format next year too.
Same time and same place next year brother!

It will sure be hard to top this year but I know we will give it 110%!

I hope that brother of yours is still alive this morning!

I had to take this one picture because that was the first time in all these years I ever saw Greg drink water!
Attached Thumbnails Fox Chapel Lake Erie this weekend?-split-decision-8-16-08-066.jpg   Fox Chapel Lake Erie this weekend?-split-decision-8-16-08-055.jpg   Fox Chapel Lake Erie this weekend?-split-decision-8-16-08-098.jpg  

Old 08-18-2008, 08:50 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Kustom Kolors
We had a great time cant wait to get back to work so i can rest.
You mean a NAP right?

We had a blast Clayton look forward to seeing you again soon. I have to figure out what to do with the Gator for Tommie.

Hey where were you at 6am yesterday morning?
Attached Thumbnails Fox Chapel Lake Erie this weekend?-split-decision-8-16-08-045.jpg   Fox Chapel Lake Erie this weekend?-split-decision-8-16-08-050.jpg   Fox Chapel Lake Erie this weekend?-split-decision-8-16-08-078.jpg  

Old 08-18-2008, 08:56 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Dock.... Nice meeting you on Friday. Wish I could have made it up ... for church if nothing else Glad you had a good time!
Dawn,

It was a real pleasure to finally meet you in person. Thanks very much for taking time out of you day to visit with us. I would love to be back up at the festival for some more of that good food right now.

Roger Fountain called you on my cell phone so I will try not to abuse your number since I have it now!

Next year we will be there for church and plan on being in the front pew.

And yes we had a wonderful time thank you.

Dock

P.S.

There was a rumor that Reggie Fountain was in Bucyrus last Friday. Did you see him?
Attached Thumbnails Fox Chapel Lake Erie this weekend?-split-decision-8-16-08-006.jpg   Fox Chapel Lake Erie this weekend?-split-decision-8-16-08-004.jpg   Fox Chapel Lake Erie this weekend?-split-decision-8-16-08-005.jpg  

Old 08-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Dock and his wife were our guests on Split Decision this weekend.
I owe you and Jason one.

What an awesome ride!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Who ever buys "Split Decision" will have more fun then they can shake a stick at.

It was simply awesome to see that 39 Top Gun trying to pass us on the first leg and then Jason pressed the throttles down and he was not expecting us to have more and we were gone!
Attached Thumbnails Fox Chapel Lake Erie this weekend?-split-decision-8-16-08-026.jpg   Fox Chapel Lake Erie this weekend?-split-decision-8-16-08-042.jpg   Fox Chapel Lake Erie this weekend?-split-decision-8-16-08-040.jpg  

Quick Reply: Fox Chapel Lake Erie this weekend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.