Baja Fountain layoffs >

Baja Fountain layoffs

Notices

Baja Fountain layoffs

Old 11-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by kachinapowerboats
Hey Guys, No doubt Reggie builds a nice boat but I do have to argue with the best value foot for foot statement. I know there has been one disgruntled customer bad mouthing us on here but all I can say is dont believe everything you here. We have been building boats since 1963 so I guess one upset customer in 45 years isnt too bad! Anyway, thats not what I am on here for. I know all of you have noticed that one of our 34' Drones has won his division 3 years in a row now at LOTO. Guess you can say thats not just luck. We have a 10 year hull warranty on all of our boats and they all handle and ride like a dream. Dollar for dollar no one can compete guaranteed! Our new 39' Patron is equipped with Twin / Staggered 525's with ITS and all the goodies. Has over 6' of headroom in the cabin and is fully loaded for only $259,990! I personally guarantee that no one can match that and we also have full carbon fiber and kevlar options available for all of the racers! All i am saying is check it out for yourself!
Thanks for posting! I have followed your boats for years! How is the midwest responding to the product? I have been to Havasu a few times and you have boats everywhere there!
Old 11-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja
Thanks for posting! I have followed your boats for years! How is the midwest responding to the product? I have been to Havasu a few times and you have boats everywhere there!

The boat business is struggling here just as bad as the East Coast. We have survived many of these badtimes throughotu the 45 years of business. They will turn around. The good thing I see to come of it all is that all of the overnight boat companies will be gone and many of the manufacturers that have inflated thier prices will get a reality check. Our boats have always done really well on the West Coast and this past year is the first year that we have really been targeting the Eastern part of the states. we have already spoken to some really high end dealers that are interested in our products and I can guarnatee that you will see a lot more of Kachina in 2010!
Old 11-29-2008, 02:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jimmy mcfly
Almost none of the old Baja dealers bought into the Fountain program. Now they are scrambling to find dealers it sounds like. Dealers are going down everyday and they will find it hard to get anyone at this time. A lot of the old inventory is still out there.
Just a question , with +/- 100 Baja dealer network, how many are going with Fountain program ? , thanks for taking time
Regards
Christian
Old 11-30-2008, 07:19 AM
Registered

M.Y. 2000 and up Cig top guns with BIG power selling in the 125-150K range how in the hell can you sell a 30' Baja Outlaw with HO's for the same price?
Old 12-02-2008, 02:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by isellpower
M.Y. 2000 and up Cig top guns with BIG power selling in the 125-150K range how in the hell can you sell a 30' Baja Outlaw with HO's for the same price?
some people want brand new stuff, instead of 8yr old cig with big power you go with stock power better on gas, everything is clean and new. me I go the wait 2yrs then buy I don't mind a little used anything. a 38ft is a lot bigger more money at the dock bigger truck to move it. unless your in 6 footers every weekend the 30 footer is fine.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well thats like asking how a new mustang GT sells for 35K when a 8 year old Vette sells for 30K. Most people want new items. Their is a very strong value associated with a "NEW" product, warranty.

WILL
Old 12-02-2008, 09:27 AM
Registered

Well said Will. 38 TG with Big Power might experience big problems in the near future. A NEW Baja or whatever brand with HO's will have a 5 year warranty on the power. Some folks (like myself) dont want to spend time fixing, and would rather spend the time boating. Our season is short enough as it is!
Old 12-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja
Some folks (like myself) dont want to spend time fixing, and would rather spend the time boating. Our season is short enough as it is!

Exactly. I'm looking right now, and started by looking at my price point and see what I can buy new/two years old/ten years old for that money. Performance wise, the older ones look like one hell of a deal. Then I think about it in those terms, I want to be boating, not working on a boat all summer, and I come back to looking for the one to three year old boats with stock power. Now I'm just trying to learn how much power is considered reliable for five years of use.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Maybe M.Y. 2000- 2001, But I haven't seen any TS's
( only with 500's-575's) under $ 159K.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ImaPoser
Exactly. I'm looking right now, and started by looking at my price point and see what I can buy new/two years old/ten years old for that money. Performance wise, the older ones look like one hell of a deal. Then I think about it in those terms, I want to be boating, not working on a boat all summer, and I come back to looking for the one to three year old boats with stock power. Now I'm just trying to learn how much power is considered reliable for five years of use.

Another great point! We all like big motors but remember big motors take much more maintence. HP500-575's (JT will know more than I) will need head work, spring work etc around 350-400 hours if not sooner. Even the 454-502 MAG MPI's need head gaskets and other top end work at the 350-400hr mark. HP700's need the same at 300, not to mention other high cost maintenece ie: blower oil changes, tranny oil, engine oil, drive oil etc...

We "re-freshed" several HP500's last winter and it gets expensive if you like to boat rather than float.

I have seen 496's with 700-800 hours on them, not using any oil, always starting, problem free. A huge benifit to stock power.

Quick Reply: Baja Fountain layoffs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.