Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Anyone have this problem ?? >

Anyone have this problem ??

Notices

Anyone have this problem ??

Old 03-13-2002, 04:53 PM
bajacrazy

Question Anyone have this problem ??

Has anyone else had problems with the white lettering coming of black rocker switches? Just replaced one of them and notice with water on a clean rag smudges the white lettering off. Talk to a Baja dealer today and they said that this has been a common occurrence with both (White on Black and Black on White) switch covers. They said they didn't have any problems when lettering was on panels instead of on switches, prior to latter model years.
Purchased boat new end of 2001 year (H2X Boss) test-drove it for 1-1/2 hrs., and it was winterized, never been subjected to lotions and or cleaners etc.

Any solutions or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

Old 03-13-2002, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2000 h2x with white switches and black letters, so far no problem with mine, maybe try some clear over the letters? what do you think guys?
Old 03-13-2002, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had all mine replaced under warranty. This is a known issue. They will replace them with switches that have a different type of lettering that is not supposed to wear off. If your dealer denies knowing anything about this warranty issue, he is either lying or is uninformed.
Old 03-13-2002, 08:16 PM
NASDBOY

Haven't had the problem either, white switch with black letters. If it does happen though, is it covered under the hull warranty from baja or just the dealer themselves?

Old 03-14-2002, 08:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've got the same problem. This is a known issue as stated earlier and Baja is replacing them at no cost.
Old 03-14-2002, 05:15 PM
bajacrazy

Thank you all for the information, was considering a light coat of clear on all of them, but after trying it on the one that removed I wasn’t happy with the results. The switch looked too glossy. The dealer told me that they would replace them, but he made it sound like the new switches would be no different in the way the letters where applied from the old one’s.

I will make list consisting of all switches and make them replace them anyway.

Thanks

Brian

Last edited by bajacrazy; 03-14-2002 at 05:21 PM.

Old 03-14-2002, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When mine were replaced I was told that the whole reason for doing it was so that I could get ones that the manufacturer had done with new and improved type of lettering.

At any rate, they did not replace the entire switch, just the black cover. They were only $1.98 a piece.

I may never know if the new ones are any better. At a boat show a couple a years ago when Baja first started using the black ones, I noticed on a show-boat that the lettering was rubbing off. As a result, I was careful to never touch the letters on mine. I will probably do the same with the new ones since habits are hard to break.