Why do I keep looking at this? >

Why do I keep looking at this?

Notices

Why do I keep looking at this?

Old 12-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Randy's boat is sure in the right price range. It needs some flash (paint) for me. .:
have dallas work some ot & you could have it done your way. or just spend a weekend at home & use your flash cash to put some vinyl grfx on it.

All I think about is a new boat, how to fix mine up, how to make it faster, how to do something besides think about it sitting in storage.
me too. then i look at my checking account & 401k- & keep putting along on my project.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=JasonSmith;2766571]Randy's boat is sure in the right price range. It needs some flash (paint) for me.

I might know someone that can add some flash to it!!!

Actually, he keeps looking at that add because it has a picture of his boat in it!.......Do I win the prize?

Last edited by customtouch; 12-29-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 597 Likes on 275 Posts

Go for Randys and join th club. I jumped up 9 feet!! Gotta love the steps!!! And Clean does not do it justice. And it is a blank slate for Custom to work on.
Quinlan
Old 12-29-2008, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=customtouch;2766669]
Randy's boat is sure in the right price range. It needs some flash (paint) for me.

Actually, he keeps looking at that add because it has a picture of his boat in it!.......Do I win the prize?

Ding, Ding, Ding....
Old 12-29-2008, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BDiggity
have dallas work some ot & you could have it done your way. or just spend a weekend at home & use your flash cash to put some vinyl grfx on it.

me too. then i look at my checking account & 401k- & keep putting along on my project.
[QUOTE=customtouch;2766669]
Randy's boat is sure in the right price range. It needs some flash (paint) for me.

[QUOTE=Baja_man;2766758]
Originally Posted by customtouch

Ding, Ding, Ding....
I know a guy that can paint too! And no, I'm not that self centered, but thanks for thinking I am!
Old 12-29-2008, 09:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by oklaoutlaw
Go for Randys and join th club. I jumped up 9 feet!! Gotta love the steps!!! And Clean does not do it justice. And it is a blank slate for Custom to work on.
Quinlan

Have you ran the new boat yet ?
Old 12-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 325 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
Combination of extra fuel burn and (so I hear) additional insurance costs. Plus I trailer everywhere and even with a dually, my 38 is substantially more to tow than my previous 31. I like the boat though, I even consider a Black Thunder occasionally but that would require putting in a lift and leaving the boat outside (on the lift) for the summer. I would like our next boat to have a stand-up cabin hence the desire for a BT.

We trailer as well, We even pulled it out to Desert Storm last year, you just need to get a real truck (just kidding) we have a Kodiak.

The fuel usage is a myth... Because of the efficiency, it is actually better, plus you go faster with less upkeep compared to blue and above motors. (it is also easier on drives).

Insurance is NOT a big deal, we have it based on boat value and we also have multiple policies with the same company.

Basically from what I have read, the triples are not really the issue, but the size.

Bigger is better, but there are adjustments that need to be made. (sort of like having the knockout girlfriend/wife it's great but there is always that up-charge!)
Old 12-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bajaholic
less upkeep compared to blue and above motors. (it is also easier on drives).
Brian,

You have a really sweet boat my friend. I agree with all you say except for the upkeep on the blue motors. If you treat a blue motor like a black and keep it serviced they will last just as long. Too many bought into the myth back when the old 500 carbs had valve spring issues and from then on folks have had a hang up on tha issue. I have two good friends that now have 500+ hours on their 500's and they have never been into them. One pair is in a 38 Scarab and it gets run hard and another pair is in a 38 Donzi ZX. If I knew at 280 hours what I know now I would not have touched my 500's even though the added HP really was sweet and they gave me 430 trouble free hours of service. It would be like me saying all 496's are bad because the first year model had a lot of issues.

Dock

Last edited by Dock Holiday; 12-29-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 325 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Brian,

You have a really sweet boat my friend. I agree with all you say except for the upkeep on the blue motors. If you treat a blue motor like a black and keep it serviced they will last just as long. Too many bought into the myth back when the old 500 carbs had valve spring issues and from then on folks have had a hang up on tha issue. I have two good friends that now have 500+ hours on their 500's and they have never been into them. One oair is in a 38 Scarab and it gets run hard and another pair is in a 38 Donzi ZX. If I knew at 280 hours what I know now I would not have touched my 500's even though the added HP really was sweet and they gave me 430 trouble free hours of service. It would e like me saying all 496's are bad because the first year model had a lot of issues.

Dock
Happy New Year! (well almost)

I stand corrected, I too made an assumption on the upkeep. I was just thinking the more power of twins to equal the horsepower of the triple would require more playing.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 597 Likes on 275 Posts
Originally Posted by JaayTeee
Have you ran the new boat yet ?
Yes we Have!!! Went out for the second time yesterday, Sunny and 68 here. Gotta love global warming!!!
Had it to 88 at 5100 on the gps when the batteries in the gps went dead.
Deff LOVE the 575s.
Quinlan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.