Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
BAJA Gods,  aka former employees >

BAJA Gods, aka former employees

Notices

BAJA Gods, aka former employees

Old 01-08-2009, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BAJA Gods, aka former employees

Need some help, do you know if a 2001 252 Wind screen is interchangable with any other models??? Like say a 278 or 245??? 272??

Thanks

WILL

Last edited by BAJA WILL; 01-08-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Registered

Hate to say it as I saw your other post about a customer breaking one, but I don't think they are...I searched forever for one for my 302 and finally found one. Spartech Marine will only make one "if" you have all the pieces of your old one. I know the 272/342 wouldn't fit a 302 and versa visa. They where pretty much made for the topdeck per boat from my knowledge and searching. There's a company in northern Florida that will make them as well if you have something to go off of for a mold.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:16 PM

I talked to Spartech, they don't have the mold any more for that model. Cesany plastics said they feel they can make one but it would not have the lip, who knows if the cost is worth it.

I actually found the following doing a very daunting search with dealers and people

So far I have found a Acrylic screen for many models. It just kills me that none of these were interchangable

Last edited by BAJA WILL; 01-08-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
I talked to Spartech, they don't have the mold any more for that model. Cesany plastics said they feel they can make one but it would not have the lip, who knows if the cost is worth it.

I actually found the following doing a very daunting search with dealers and people

So far I have found a Acrylic screen for many models. It just kills me that none of these were interchangable
Will, does the customer have all the pieces of the original?

I just wonder if it could be put back together, sanded and gel coated to match the boat. Towards the end of Baja, one of the guys was experimenting on a 30 Outlaw windscreen by sanding it, then spraying it with gel. Looked pretty good for doing a quickie.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could maybe someone with those/that models needed possibly let their piece be used for a template.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Will, does the customer have all the pieces of the original?

I just wonder if it could be put back together, sanded and gel coated to match the boat. Towards the end of Baja, one of the guys was experimenting on a 30 Outlaw windscreen by sanding it, then spraying it with gel. Looked pretty good for doing a quickie.
This is the idea I was thinking also, maybe epoxy it and add some type of support on the inside and vynl on the exterior?? Problem is it is broken in three diff places, each effing piece!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

I'm really surprised at Spartech.

They gave me that same line two years ago about the cuddy door for the 36. Ours broke and while it was still usable it was not acceptable and would only get worse.

I simply told them that I could not understand how or why they could no longer make something that simple when they were in that business. I had to talk with three people and guess what? They found the mold and made one for me at a stupid high price of $850.00.

But I was very glad to get it and I will NEVER ever let the mounting bolts come loose again which allowed it to vibrate and crack.

In this economy I feel they are way too independent and have a very bad attitude.

Want me to call them for you? They don't call me "MEATBALL" for nothing!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
I'm really surprised at Spartech.

They gave me that same line two years ago about the cuddy door for the 36. Ours broke and while it was still usable it was not acceptable and would only get worse.

I simply told them that I could not understand how or why they could no longer make something that simple when they were in that business. I had to talk with three people and guess what? They found the mold and made one for me at a stupid high price of $850.00.

But I was very glad to get it and I will NEVER ever let the mounting bolts come loose again which allowed it to vibrate and crack.

In this economy I feel they are way too independent and have a very bad attitude.

Want me to call them for you? They don't call me "MEATBALL" for nothing!

Thanks Doc, were not to that point yet, customer is considering full insurance claim on the boat. I don't blame him. Their is other damage nothing that bad, but it all up to him.

Insurance guy "their is noway that can cost more than $500" I just laughed.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Thanks Doc, were not to that point yet, customer is considering full insurance claim on the boat. I don't blame him. Their is other damage nothing that bad, but it all up to him.

Insurance guy "their is noway that can cost more than $500" I just laughed.
Tell him when I broke the side panels it cost $500.00 to have those made alone...

I agree if he has all the pieces one can be made exactly like he had with a mold...Just glue em back together...

As far as Spartech same song and dance they gave me when trying to get the front piece for mine...Claimed they made them to fit a top deck section Baja sent to them and it was a per order basis....Sounded like alot of BS to me as well. I'm betting you get the right guy there they'll make it..
Old 01-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Registered

My only complaint on my 35OL is the door rattle. I usualyl drive wity it open and make sure the catch at the bottom it tight to the door so it dont bounce off it and break.

I thought the cabin door were pretty much a standard size.

Quick Reply: BAJA Gods, aka former employees

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.