did I make a mistake >

did I make a mistake

Notices

did I make a mistake

Old 01-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face did I make a mistake

did I make a mistake buying a 5 blade, so went from 425hp to 670 hp from 1995 to 2006, I never broke my bravo 1drive, I was mostly ocean, rough water lots of air would nail it once I was going 3500 to 4000rpm other wise getting on plane it was nice and easy. I learned that with a stock 330hp blow the props hubs and spun a coupler once. so now DEAN GELLNER is building my dream motor THAT I BOUGHT IN PIECES new 572 with all very good parts it going to be about 1050hp on 93 or a lil more and lots more on rocket fuel which I don't need.But I just bought a used 30p 5 blade and was going to use it for cruise and running around ,then build a 32 or 34 4 blade for top speed since its rpms will be around 5800 to 6400 red line. I thought the 5 blade would be easyer on the b1x drive with a 2''shortie it has a tower and heavy cap on it. then running a 32 or 34 4 blade for top speed. plus the 5 blades seem to cruise at a higher speed and handle better on higher drive x's. I just feel I know this boat so well since I have owned it for 18 19 years even raced it in apba, that if I RUN IT A LIL EASYER ON THE STICK NOT NAIL IT FROM 3800 TO THE :eek WALL. it will last a season of 30 hours and up grade the gears next year to max gears since it has a tower in it already or add the gears this spring if I got the funs. I can't wait for it to hit the dyno with the 1071 on itps I would love to hit loto and do the shout out and go over the 100 make which I think it could with the 2'' shortie thats made a hugh better faster handling boat, now off the 3 to 5 footers she flys straight instead of up coarse the 380s k planes help too with 650hp and the 26b1 we hit 83gps 12 or 13% slip so with 400extra hp a 32 or 34 should get it over a 100easy I think and the 30 will end up in the high 90s IF I need to run someone on the river or bay.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, are you excited?
Slow down & put all that into a more coherent thought.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Registered

HA HA HAH yah I reread it and changed some stuff for the worst, hey are you running 5 blades or 4. I feel I have one strick against me with so much power and another going to a 5 blade as my main prop for top end I might end up at a 36 labbed b1 to keep the rpms at 5800 to 6000. this think has all the best parts. and with DEAN doing all the machine work it going to be a monster and I will have my 509 reworked with a new cam intake next winter so it should be 720hp from 670hp as a back up or to race with if I get a sponsor which looks so so. I miss being out in that thingblowing the doors off of the custom boats, but theres always a faster boat around the corner but not as many. in the 1990s at 62mph I beat some boats but got beat a lot, at 70 to 74 fewer beat me, at 76 to 83 IN THAT SHORT TIME boating hours the few boats I ran I beat most. I now when I get back out theres a few that want mebad and its going to be fun. but thank god for guys like gerry knot right/ jon audiofn/ curt biggus/ mike slickstinger / steve remedy and the few I missed thank god they took me out with me. and push me to get working on my boat I almost gave up after the theft of all my parts. now jason whats up
Old 01-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Wow, are you excited?
Slow down & put all that into a more coherent thought.
Medication!

Artie is a nice guy and he talks just like that on the phone and I don't mean anything bad by that statement. He has some injuries and is on some pretty good stuff.

Dean is a really nice guy Artie. I met him up at an Erie poker run about three years ago and was impressed. He will do a great jo for you.

Keep us posted.

Doc
Old 01-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Registered

I will I want a play by play on the build as I get pics but who knows where it will end up, hey Doc going to see the doc tomorrow my knee is making so much noise when I walk it sounds like a flat tire or bad ball joint. so I hope its not going to be a MAJOR REPAIR AFTER 3 AND A HALF MONTHS. I will start a post tomorrow to see if Iam dreaming about getting my boat in the water this year cause if its a another operation to replace this I am phucked, see yah
Old 01-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Registered

Good luck Artie. Sounds like a great project.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 817 Likes on 374 Posts

Your boat might do things with a 5 blade that it never did before like torque roll to one side,mine did right before it sheared off a max worx billet prop shaft,what kind of 5 blade,Smitty
Old 01-14-2009, 08:00 AM
Registered

5 blade wheels are not a good idea with lots of HP on a Bravo drive. Unless you like breaking drives.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Registered

I guess I will not go through with it then o well it was a thought I will call the guy up tell him after more research, it a 30 p5x last think I want is a broken prop shaft. theres a b1 32 was looking at too.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
I guess I will not go through with it then o well it was a thought I will call the guy up tell him after more research, it a 30 p5x last think I want is a broken prop shaft.
I'd take a bent shaft over broken gears any day of the week.
Good decision on your part Artie.

Quick Reply: did I make a mistake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.