Hey XT-Innovator

Notices

Hey XT-Innovator

Old 02-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sea Strainers

Dave, Where and how would you mount sea strainers in a 30 outlaw? Not sure where I can bolt them to with the liner in there. Thanks
Rob
Old 02-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja_man
XT, Any recommendations on someone removing the bottom paint there in OH?
I have asked around, but no takers yet.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
I have asked around, but no takers yet.

The boat I was interested in with bottom paint has just sold so need to persue anymore, thanks for the effort though.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Originally Posted by 30 outlaw 2005
Dave, Where and how would you mount sea strainers in a 30 outlaw? Not sure where I can bolt them to with the liner in there. Thanks
Rob
Really this is another good question for WOTW2E. He is the rigging expert, that also owns a 30ol. It is going to make a big difference on what model sea strainer, and current options on your boat to determine this?

XT
Old 02-25-2009, 05:47 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Ok then I ask WOTW2E. There are no other additional options in the engine compartment I just have the motors no gen or fresh water(that is under the seat). Just not sure where I can bolt them to. Not sure if you have them in your boat or not. Just dont want to drill into something and cause a problem. Thanks. Also did you get a chance to get the info on the hatch mirror.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Originally Posted by Baja_man
The boat I was interested in with bottom paint has just sold so need to persue anymore, thanks for the effort though.
No problem, I would like to see some photos of the 204 you have sometime, when you get the chance.

Did you like the 190 Islander we re-modeled last summer?

XT
Old 02-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Registered

Ok then I ask WOTW2E. There are no other additional options in the engine compartment I just have the motors no gen or fresh water(that is under the seat). Thanks. Also did you get a chance to get the info on the hatch mirror.
There is just enough room in front of the center engine mount bracket for a short strainer. Access is very tight so you are going to want one that has the center handle to unscrew and remove the top. The ones with allen bolts or wing nuts around the perimeter are very cantankerous. You'll be glad you spent the extra money to get the nice ones.

These are in Dock Holiday's boat. They had some manufacturing issues with them but this is the correct configuration. A right and left version with a U configuration for the outlet and inlet. The top of the center stringer of the 30 fiberglass liner has an area that is a couple inches tall that is near vertical. Use some heavy #14 lags, predrill and thoroughly seal the threads. There is some wood backing and thick fiberglass in that area. It will hold no problem. You'll have to play with the seacock and fittings configuration to get the hoses neatly around the engine mount bracket and the engine cradle but it can be done. Seastrainers are required on the 600s and we put some in the 30s. I had pictures but they are now on SR or Faja's server.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Registered

Also did you get a chance to get the info on the hatch mirror.
I have looked through all my "stuff" to no avail. I remember holding onto the computer print out with the vender name, part number, cost, etc. for the mirror material when I was cleaning off my desk on the last days. I must not have kept it. The good news is that I do have some small scrap pieces. I can send you a small piece and you can see what you can find out in your area. PM me over your address and I'll mail out a piece.

It is a flexible sort of plex material with a mirror coating on the back side. It can only be used on flat surfaces, otherwise it looks like a fun house mirror. It is difficult to cut as well. I used a vertical band saw with a very fine TPI blade. I used a couple layers of masking tape on both sides to straddle the cut. Afterwards the edges can be smoothed and blended with a fine grit DA sander. The results are very pleasing as you saw in the photos.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
No problem, I would like to see some photos of the 204 you have sometime, when you get the chance.

Did you like the 190 Islander we re-modeled last summer?

XT

I liked the boat but didnt like the theme as I am from a little farther north but dont like the block "M" either.

When I get back into town mid mar I will see what pics I have and post. Nothing fancy, all stock but still looks good.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Banned

"CANTANKEROUS".........WOTW2E I am just a high school graduate are you trying to confuse me ?

Quick Reply: Hey XT-Innovator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.