Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Outlaw Madness >

Outlaw Madness

Notices

Outlaw Madness

Old 03-22-2002, 06:25 PM
Johnny Bravo

Cool Outlaw Madness

We are Baja lovers as well. Last year we traded in our 93 24 Outlaw for a new 2000 25 Outlaw. We had motor and drive problems most of last summer so we never got to realy test the boat. It took us from June until the end of September to work out all the bugs. Hopfully the Merc components will hold together this summer. The quality time we did spend on the boat the new haul design handled excelent in both calm and big water.

Old 03-23-2002, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Johnny,

You might be the only one on this board who has owned a 24 and a 25. How much difference is there between the two in terms of ride, rough water handling, etc? Sometimes I wish I had gotten a 25 instead of a 29. I miss the simplicity and ease of maintenance that comes with a single vs. a twin. For what I spent on the 29, I could have gotten a 25 with an HP and still had money left over. It wouldn't be so bad it I weren’t so anal about keeping everything on the boat looking brand-new. Cleaning and waxing the transom of the 29 is a ***** and you can forget about detailing the engine room of the 29. Nothing but big black motors in there.
Old 03-24-2002, 08:28 AM
Johnny Bravo

Default 24 vs 25 outlaw

We had a 24 outlaw with a 502 mag. We primarily run on lake ontario. The 24 would get squirly in 2-4 footers, we started running in poker runs but I was alway running it on the edge. The 25 handles the 4 footers like they are 2 footers, we were on a trip last year and got cought in 6 foot plus rollers and the boat took it all (wouldn't want to do it agian). I have driven several other new 25 footers and the 25 outlaw is right there with them.

We had several problems with it last year. We had a bad head from the factory, the upper unit grenaded itself 22 miles off shore, and the haul had a minor void which caused the gelcoat to blister. The boat whas purchased new in late june and we finaly found the head problem just before labor day only to loose the upper unit on labor day weekend.

In talking to other people they have told me that the 25 or the 33 are the best built outlaws, Baja makes. The 25 is light years ahead of the 24.

Old 03-25-2002, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24 vs 25

My parents had a sport 240, I currently own a '99 25 outlaw and Johnny Bravo is right, the 25 is light years ahead.

Another feature of the 25 that the 24 didn't have, is the fiberglass cockpit with removable carpet. Also the steps molded in the dash make it way easier to get on the deck.

We had a blast in the 24, but we definitely like the 25 better overall.