Notices

#30 & 90 MPH Club

Old 06-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smitty
Cool stories !!

My motors are on the way to Mark, and hopefully he can work his magic on mine and I can join you guys in the 90 mph club.

I am confident that he will get as much power as possible out of them and I will be able to enjoy my boat this year.

Last year was a joke and cost me alot of money.

I'll keep you posted.

Smitty
Smitty,

I have confidence that you will be happy with Mark's work.

We have the 90 MPH club sticker here with your name on it!

Keep us posted.

Doc
Old 06-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by oklaoutlaw
Congrats Doc glad all the work was worth it!!!
Thanks buddy

It is really a good feeling and you will love this. The wife thinks now we may be running too fast! LOL

She is used to sitting in the front and looking forward and she rode in the back seat all weekend long and there is more wind around the sidesa dn you are not seeing forward and it gives the impression of being even faster.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:26 PM
DJF
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beautiful evening on Hartwell

Took the Baja 272 out for a little 14 mile jaunt last evening. What a great evening for a run. Very little boat traffic and great water. Passed a 26' or 27' red and white Donzi like it was at idle speed just inside the Senica River leg of the lake. Wait, it was at idle speed. Just a great evening to be on the water.

Dock, do you have any 100 KPM Club stickers?

Dave
Old 06-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by DJF
Took the Baja 272 out for a little 14 mile jaunt last evening. What a great evening for a run. Very little boat traffic and great water. Passed a 26' or 27' red and white Donzi like it was at idle speed just inside the Senica River leg of the lake. Wait, it was at idle speed. Just a great evening to be on the water.
Too funny Dave!

Hey that is one SWEET 272!

Originally Posted by DJF
Dock, do you have any 100 KPM Club stickers?

Dave
Hey Jason do we have any of these?
Old 06-11-2009, 01:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Dock,did you end up putting the whipple motors you had built in instead of selling them? I was wondering what ever happened with that whole deal,Smitty
Old 06-11-2009, 08:11 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by articfriends
Dock,did you end up putting the whipple motors you had built in instead of selling them? I was wondering what ever happened with that whole deal,Smitty
Hey my friend how are things in paradise?

I feel like I know you well because Dick is always talking about you and most of it is good! LOL

Yes I did put the blower motors in and they are doing great. I have just over 10 hours on them now and they idle and work around the docks like the stock 500's did.

Click on this link for the full story and details on the project.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...irth-baja.html

When are you going to have the 272 in triple digits?
Old 06-11-2009, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Do not say "TRiple Digits". Don't want that fool started up again!
Old 06-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by kennyo
Do not say "TRiple Digits". Don't want that fool started up again!
Oops!

How's your boat running?
Old 06-12-2009, 01:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Hey my friend how are things in paradise?

I feel like I know you well because Dick is always talking about you and most of it is good! LOL

Yes I did put the blower motors in and they are doing great. I have just over 10 hours on them now and they idle and work around the docks like the stock 500's did.

Click on this link for the full story and details on the project.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...irth-baja.html

When are you going to have the 272 in triple digits?
Glad to see you used the motors instead of selling them. I hope Dick get's his boat back together this decade other wise he'll end up like all the other guys whose boat's haven't ran in years,every year their memory add's on another 5 mph of top speed. Blowers,we didn't need no stinkin blowers back when my boat USED to run. I ran waaaay past hundred mph on 87 octane,at part throttle,only hitting on 5 cylinders, in the rain,going up-stream!!
As far as triple digits and my boat,when it ran 60's,then 70's,then in the 80's,then low 90's I always wanted to go faster. It will run in very high 90's now with my medium boost pulley (the 1057 hp one) and I have never tried the small one that made 1115 hp but after getting boat past 95 mph a couple of times and having it get so damn loose feeling then hook the bow hard when slowing down and bow steer out of control I lost all ambition to try to break the triple digits. I have tried alot of things,stellings box,Imco 2" shorty and they all made it go slower and handle worse. My biggest problem is with this much power and a bravo style drive I cant use any 5 blade props because as soon as I lower my slip it breaks something (like a billet prop shaft or vertical shaft) almost instantly so I'm going to work on some kind of rear ballast system and my center of gravity to get my handling back where I want it and just enjoy the boat up to the mid nineties,Smitty
Old 06-12-2009, 07:25 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Glad to see you used the motors instead of selling them.
Me too!

I hope Dick get's his boat back together this decade other wise he'll end up like all the other guys whose boat's haven't ran in years,every year their memory add's on another 5 mph of top speed. Blowers,we didn't need no stinkin blowers back when my boat USED to run. I ran waaaay past hundred mph on 87 octane,at part throttle,only hitting on 5 cylinders, in the rain,going up-stream!!
Now that is funny!

I'm just glad Dick is a better outdrive guy then an engine guy. When he does get her going he is going to give you a run for the money. We'll see who is faster Baja or Checkmate.

As far as triple digits and my boat,when it ran 60's,then 70's,then in the 80's,then low 90's I always wanted to go faster. It will run in very high 90's now with my medium boost pulley (the 1057 hp one) and I have never tried the small one that made 1115 hp but after getting boat past 95 mph a couple of times and having it get so damn loose feeling then hook the bow hard when slowing down and bow steer out of control I lost all ambition to try to break the triple digits. I have tried alot of things,stellings box,Imco 2" shorty and they all made it go slower and handle worse. My biggest problem is with this much power and a bravo style drive I cant use any 5 blade props because as soon as I lower my slip it breaks something (like a billet prop shaft or vertical shaft) almost instantly so I'm going to work on some kind of rear ballast system and my center of gravity to get my handling back where I want it and just enjoy the boat up to the mid nineties,Smitty
Well I am impressed at what you have accomplished. Having owned a 272 I would have expected you to run out of hull in the mid 80's. There is something to be said about prop slip for sure. It does cost you speed but on the flip side it saves you a lot of money. Be safe out there and keep Dick out of trouble.

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.