95 outlaw 500/525 conversion

Notices

95 outlaw 500/525 conversion

Old 06-28-2009, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 95 outlaw 500/525 conversion

Hey Guys!

I have a 95 Outlaw with a 454EFI set up, closed loop, Bravo 1, the motor has around 300 hours on it, but, I had the entire top end done this year [bottom end was still rock solid].

IF [and its a big IF] money holds up over the winter, I would LOVE to swap to a 500 or 525EFI set up, anyone done this on a boat similiar to mine? I really love the fuel injection and dont want to go back to a carbed motor [no offense intended to "carb" guys].

Is this a "bolt in" deal? or are is it gonna be a giant pain in butt to do? will my stock Bravo 1 drive live behind either one of these motors? what about compatability issues with the computer, gauges, throttles, etc?

I am getting 64MPH on a good day, by myself with 1/2 tank of gas and alot of gear, using a 3 blade prop in flat water, what kind of gains would I see by going to the 500/525 set up?, I would love to see at least 70MPH or is that wishfull thinking?

My current motor is stock except for Stainless Marine manifolds and a K&N air filter.

Thanks for the help guys, ALL input welcomed!

Michael
Old 06-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

500hp should be 72 to 74 the drives are deep on these boats, thats why I put a 2.. shortie from imco picked hugh # with a 670hp motor and shortie.