Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Thoughts on this blown 92 Outlaw 24 >

Thoughts on this blown 92 Outlaw 24

Notices

Thoughts on this blown 92 Outlaw 24

Old 07-12-2009, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a good price. Like someone else said, check on insurance before you buy.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance

I have gotten one reply from an insurance company. They quoted me $1,150 through progressive. Didn't seem too bad from what everyone was saying.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 817 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by gettin wet
I have gotten one reply from an insurance company. They quoted me $1,150 through progressive. Didn't seem too bad from what everyone was saying.
What did you give them for info though,as they refuse to insure v-hull boats that exceed 75 mph, have over 500 hp or have over 20 hp per foot ,Smitty

Last edited by articfriends; 07-14-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:21 AM
Registered

I have Progressive for my 24 OL, $225 a year.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
What did you give them for info though,as they refuse to insure v-hull boats that exceed 75 mph, have over 500 hp or have over 20 hp per foot ,Smitty

I think I gave them 500 hp, 75 mph, engine was modified, no engine parts exposed. Those were guesses as the salesman must either have the boat sold already or is in no hurry to do so. I still haven't heard back from him. What are some realistic numbers HP & MPH wise?
Old 07-14-2009, 07:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 3030hunter
I have Progressive for my 24 OL, $225 a year.
What are the details on your boat? That sounds really cheap!
Old 07-15-2009, 12:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 817 Likes on 374 Posts

I think I gave them 500 hp, 75 mph, engine was modified, no engine parts exposed. Those were guesses as the salesman must either have the boat sold already or is in no hurry to do so. I still haven't heard back from him. What are some realistic numbers HP & MPH wise?
Seems like I saw that boat for sale before and it was a 540 or 565 ci,If thats the case it should be 750-800 hp easy,should easily run into the high 80's to low 90's if sorted out. As far as the insurance just remember,if you lie about the hp and top speed to get coverage then you really don't have any coverage if something happens because the adjuster/investigator will look at prop pitch,big giant roots blower etc and do his own calculating then deny any kind of claim. It wouldn't stop me from buying it though,Smitty
Old 07-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
Seems like I saw that boat for sale before and it was a 540 or 565 ci,If thats the case it should be 750-800 hp easy,should easily run into the high 80's to low 90's if sorted out. As far as the insurance just remember,if you lie about the hp and top speed to get coverage then you really don't have any coverage if something happens because the adjuster/investigator will look at prop pitch,big giant roots blower etc and do his own calculating then deny any kind of claim. It wouldn't stop me from buying it though,Smitty
Huh, 540 or 565?!?! How stable do you think the boat would be running (with the current setup) in the high 80's to low 90's? I know full hydraulic steering would be in the near future, but what could I expect as it sits now?

As far as the insurance, I contacted the agent and told them they had made a mistake and he agreed they couldn't do it. Like you said Smitty, I'd be paying for coverage I didn't really have. I've got the cash sitting there, but would rather not pay all cash for it. We are in the middle of renovating our house & just paid for our wedding. Damn thats a lot of $$$ in the past few months! But, I guess you can't take the $ with us, so have fun while we can right!

I've toyed with the thought of getting a personal loan or a home equity line of credit. Don't really like the thought of a boat tied to my house. Personal loans are a bit higher interest, but on such a small loan don't make much difference. Any thoughts on either/or loan types?
Old 07-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Registered

Is this the boat at Lake Cumberland Marine? If it is I know there pretty spot on on accessing the shape of a boat.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by G-Spot
Is this the boat at Lake Cumberland Marine? If it is I know there pretty spot on on accessing the shape of a boat.
Yes, it is. I know they don't sell junk, but it was a recent trade in and the salesman didn't know a lot about the boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.