Thoughts on this blown 92 Outlaw 24 >

Thoughts on this blown 92 Outlaw 24

Notices

Thoughts on this blown 92 Outlaw 24

Old 09-22-2009, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c_deezy
In the long run I think you'll be glad you passed. Getting on your hands and knees to get in the cabin is a ***** on these boats. I would try to find a nice 25 Outlaw, big difference in cockpit and cabin room. Much better imo.
he is right the 25ol would be nicer, I would move up to a 25 but after being in my 24 for 19years if I go bigger its going to be a rough water boat in 28 to 31 set up for my single konrad ace and DEAN GELLNER 572 BLOWER MOTOR. I don't think I could find a 25 cheap enuff to rip out the drive and seats and put my custom seats in and power. so I am looking at older sutphen 30s which have about the same cockpit size as a 24 ol hahah, and a blank joker 28, and 28 saber hull and a acti vator 30 blank that might be around this winter.I love my 24ol with 650hp mid 80s, but you need full hyd steering.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pinkpanther
Well it a good thing you passed on it. I couldn't and bought it. Really nice boat but I got it home and after putting a little over and hour on it found water in the oil. Tore engine down and the block is cracked around the water passage and down into the lifter galley. Still trying to see if Randy will stand behind it since a new bowtie block is over 2K. plus machine work and swapping what is good over and replacing the bad. I know what you mean about chine jump. scared the crap out of me. External steering this winter after motor gets fixed.
if you can't go with twin full hyd steering up to the dash, then buy a single with full which is better than add on twin. you will still chinewalk with any add on. a non bowtie gm will be cheaper or a merlin should be about 1700
00. a gm siamese 9.8 block which is a merc 502 and might be what you have will work to . if your going to stay under 1100hp that should be fine for 700 to 750hp and cheapest way to go just shop around your local dealerships I am sure they like to sell a block at a good price there not selling cars
Old 09-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Registered

Well I guess im screwed. If you buy from LCM water test,water test,water test and check oil evertime. I dont think they will stand behind this one. Said they would sell me a 525 for more than I payed for the boat. BEWARE
Old 09-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Registered

That sucks man. I guess the way things are going there you should be happy with a title to the boat.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Registered

you could sell the blower anduse that money for the block, run a nice cam/ brodix or dart intake , 1050 custom dom carb or a 850 will be 15 to 20 hp less, keep your rolling assb, and make 650 hp and 637tq. one of you posted the compresson was 9 1/2 which is high for a blower anyway but I run 9 1/2 in my 509 na and in my 572 blower motor its 8 1/4. I can give you info on my motor if you want.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Registered

Thats what I was thinking. Go NA since its more motor than the hull can take safely. I am going to keep the blower for a single engine cat or biger v hull in the future. Yeah send me the info on you motor. I know I have flat top JE pistons, Isky roller cam. Has some nice parts inside. Just aint sure on the GM rods! They do have big bolts.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Registered

That really sucks man. i am running a little over 500hp in mine and i like it. Do you think the previous owner knew about it?
Old 09-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
That really sucks man. i am running a little over 500hp in mine and i like it. Do you think the previous owner knew about it?
Don't have a clue. They won't give me his number.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gettin wet
Here is the info on the engine from the dealer.

"This engine is a built 509 with a blower which is only using 5 lbs of boost. It has a 52-57 pulley. This engine and outdrive only has 25-35 hours on them since being gone through. The outdrive has been upgraded with Imco parts inside. The motor was rebuilt in the 2007 season and the blower was added in the 2008 season. The engine has a 731 Hydra Crane cam, Crane roller rockers, new JA 4.40 pistons,new bearings and rings. The engine has a 4" stroke, new hydra rollers & pushrods, the heads have been completely redone, and the engine has a 9.5 compression ratio. This engine is pushing between 6-650 HP."
Well I got the motor apart and what they told you was wrong. They mostlikily made it up. It is 4.5'' bore, Je pistons flat top, isky roller cam, GM rods with 7/16" bolts. Comp cams roller rockers. Sounds like they didn't know. I did get an email from Randy at lcm and said he is looking for a block????? Will see how that goes. I know jeg's and summit have some?????
Old 11-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gettin wet
Yes, it is. I know they don't sell junk, but it was a recent trade in and the salesman didn't know a lot about the boat.
Lake Cumberland Marine will never sell me another boat. Sales person Dan C. sold me a 252 Baja and said every thing was lake ready. LOL $5,500 later now its lake ready. somthing else I think they are in chapter 11. BEWARE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.