First boat-89' BAJA 210 sport >

First boat-89' BAJA 210 sport

Notices

First boat-89' BAJA 210 sport

Old 07-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First boat-89' BAJA 210 sport

Just bought the boat. I have a couple of pics right now but will have many more after this weekend.
It is a project boat, but i cant wait to get working on it. Needs whole new interior and engine is apart and blown.
I will need lots of advice and help with parts and finding stuff for it, so please pass all the infomation you can about these boats. There is so little infomation on here or anywhere on the net, so i would love to here about previous owners experiences, the good things and bad things about this model.
Also, i have only found a handful of pics for these boats and I'm in the midst of redoing the interior and need as many photos as possible for ideals and comparsion.
I grew up on kentucky lake and now reside in louisville, ky. The boat has a 454 & bravo 1 in it currently , set up 2 inches higher than stock on the x-braces and the bottom is blueprinted.
At one time it was rigged with a 540 and blackhawk, and was closked at 97mph. I am looking to put it back it the low 80's, more than enough for me.
-also can i post pics with a regular membership, or do u have to pay like TBM?
Old 07-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I bought a Sport 210 new in 1987. Mine was a stock 350 Mag, went well but was very flighty when the water kicked up. Be careful, the bow would shoot to the moon when you hit a wave just right.

I kept it one season and sold it to custom order a Sport 220.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pics.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Registered

thanks for tip, i am still working on getting the boats interior done and building a engine so i havent even got it the water yet. I grew up on kentucky lake and most of my baja expierences were with much bigger boats than this, but compared to other bajas it has to be one of lightest. However, on glass water there should be few boats that will be able to touch me speed wise.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Registered

The first Baja I ever owned. Baja said mine was the picture boat. 454 mag. Loved the boat, but needed some prop tweaking to hold the nose.
Attached Thumbnails First boat-89' BAJA 210 sport-210ess.jpg  
Old 07-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Registered

Thats really cool. Gotta love the mami/80s Vice colors! So overall whats your feedback for first boat? Love to know, my only worry is that it will just be horrendous or almost unbearable to ride in on rough days. Also, with the stock 454 mag did you see mid 70s or better on the glass water? Thats what Ive been told, and also if u remeber what were the best prop setups for Overall speed, take-off, and top speed, i am shooting for mid 70s but still with good take off when I have a good load. Any pointers would be well appreicated!
Old 07-25-2009, 06:58 AM
Registered

Default 210 sport

That was also my 1st boat. New 1987 small block alpha. Ran mid 60's. Had great fun with that boat ran it 4 years in Lake Erie till the next of 6 new Baja's. Was less than a rough water boat but such fun had a 27 gallon tank that i could easily run from Downtown Cleveland to the islands(pib,kelly's) and back without stopping for fuel. I'd love to have that boat back, went to someone in the Warren Ohio area, they had cut it all up to gain easier access to the cuddy. (what cuddy) the boat was red,white,black,grey. Wore out the drivers seat from kneeling in it running in any kind of rough water! Some great times! I'll dig up some pic's if anyone could post them?
Old 07-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Registered

Send them to me, I'll post 'em