Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Baja 29 single 575 >

Baja 29 single 575

Notices

Baja 29 single 575

Old 08-17-2009, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a 2003 on our lake with 6.2's. It runs upper 60's all day and probably uses less fuel then a single with 500-600 hp would. Not to mention the drive issues a single would have with that kind of power. If it were me I'd take the 6.2's. You simple can't beat the turn-key performance and fuel economy. Not to mention probably many more to choose from. Just my 2cents. Best of luck in your quest.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:28 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

If you're worried about fuel consumtion
575's are not the answer

If fuel efficiency is important, go
with small twins
Old 08-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Teo
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by obnoxus
There was a single 29 Outlaw around here that had a 500 EFI with a procharger on it.

The boat ran in the mid 60's.

I will also say in my opinion they ride better with the single as they are better balanced.
Bring that to Me! 500 EFI with a procharger seems perfect!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Teo
Registered

Originally Posted by Sacandaga
There is a 2003 on our lake with 6.2's. It runs upper 60's all day and probably uses less fuel then a single with 500-600 hp would. Not to mention the drive issues a single would have with that kind of power. If it were me I'd take the 6.2's. You simple can't beat the turn-key performance and fuel economy. Not to mention probably many more to choose from. Just my 2cents. Best of luck in your quest.
Iīts not just ekonomy, I want one propp in the middle way down rather than two high upp on each side. The baltic sea is shallow, with less salty water than the oceans. That makes the waves short and steep and wih twins you have to use the throttle more and it weigh more.

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
If you're worried about fuel consumtion
575's are not the answer

If fuel efficiency is important, go
with small twins
Ok I might be wrong but I felt that an engine that big would have to work less att cruise. The 500EFI sounds like an option.

Last edited by Teo; 08-17-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

You can build way more power with a custom built engine. Find a boat with a single engine and have it built to your specs. How are you planning on getting it home? Shipping from the US to Europe would cost a fortune.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by jeffswav
You can build way more power with a custom built engine. Find a boat with a single engine and have it built to your specs. How are you planning on getting it home? Shipping from the US to Europe would cost a fortune.
It depends. I sold my 25 OL to a guy in germany, he was quoted 10k but got is shipped for less than 5 from what he said. The boat sat at the dock for a little while till there was a cancelation. Remember they dont have alot of big block boats over there. I doubt he is driving it.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Registered

There are three major "financial" problems for importing boats from the States.

1. The import taxation (usually in the range of 16% to 20% VAT in most of the European Union countries)
2. The CE certificate issuance
3. The transportation cost

The transportation arrangement is not such a big issue, and can be arranged through various dealers which exist in both sides of the Atlantic. Those dealers also arrange for the CE certificate (with an extra cost of about 2000 to 3000 EUR).

Another problem is the survey which need to be carried out prior the purchase of the boat. Of course you will need an experience marine surveyor to carry such a task, however, I always have the feeling that as a new owner, is good to have a direct look of your new "toy" prior to make the deal. Particularly if you "know" the subject a bit.

In any case, depending the size of the boat, and the "relation" which someone can have with the importers, the cost can vary from 5000 EUR up to 20000 EUR.

But I think it worth it.........considering the prices here, but also the very limited choice of powerboats.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:54 AM
Teo
Registered

Originally Posted by Adis
There are three major "financial" problems for importing boats from the States.

1. The import taxation (usually in the range of 16% to 20% VAT in most of the European Union countries)
2. The CE certificate issuance
3. The transportation cost

The transportation arrangement is not such a big issue, and can be arranged through various dealers which exist in both sides of the Atlantic. Those dealers also arrange for the CE certificate (with an extra cost of about 2000 to 3000 EUR).

Another problem is the survey which need to be carried out prior the purchase of the boat. Of course you will need an experience marine surveyor to carry such a task, however, I always have the feeling that as a new owner, is good to have a direct look of your new "toy" prior to make the deal. Particularly if you "know" the subject a bit.

In any case, depending the size of the boat, and the "relation" which someone can have with the importers, the cost can vary from 5000 EUR up to 20000 EUR.

But I think it worth it.........considering the prices here, but also the very limited choice of powerboats.
Iīve contacted a company that takes care of all issues. They recently
imported a Fountain for a pall of mine and it wasīnt that expensive.

Here itīs like 20 cool boats for sale total and just a few of them are Bajas and none of them are close to what I want. + They are all criminally expensive.

I know the taxes on cars and bikes are around what you said but itīs lower on boats.

Thank you all for the concern anyway
Old 08-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you want to skip the Baja idea, I have a 2001 Powerquest 280 silencer with a 496HO and a procharger that runs 75mph, turn key and go and only has about 130 hours. I think the PQ is a great all around boat but I am toying the idea of moving into something like a 33 OL.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Teo
Iīve contacted a company that takes care of all issues. They recently
imported a Fountain for a pall of mine and it wasīnt that expensive.

Here itīs like 20 cool boats for sale total and just a few of them are Bajas and none of them are close to what I want. + They are all criminally expensive.

I know the taxes on cars and bikes are around what you said but itīs lower on boats.

Thank you all for the concern anyway
My pleasure Teo.

Can you please give me more details about the company and the prices? As I said, I am planning to follow the same path as you in the future, so the more I know the better. I would suggest the info in PM is better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.