Is "Baja by Fountain" Done Already?

Notices

Is "Baja by Fountain" Done Already?

Old 02-17-2010, 07:24 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pryvti
Hey guys...I spoke to a rep at fountain recently and was told a horrifying piece of info. I inquired about the 302 boss and the 342 as I wanted a go fast with a windshield. He told me that fountain did not take/purchase those molds when the acquired baja...so yes my next question...where did there go? Most likely destroyed is what he advised me....ooof!!! What a shamefull waste if this is the case! A 342 with a pair of 525s/600s/700s would be such a cool boat...too bad...
In a word....BUMMER
Checkmate has the 342 mold and is building a beautiful product. Look at their website. They will build it any way you want it.

http://www.checkmatepowerboats.net/C...ts-ZT-350.html

ZT350

It is shown on their website with the optional windscreen but the full wrap around walk thru windshield is standard equipment.

Last edited by Dock Holiday; 02-17-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Baja, Checkmate, Beckmate or whatever you want to call it, that ZT 350 is one sweet looking boat. No chopper guns used either..
Old 02-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Baja discontinued the 302 before Fountain bought them. Not sure where the hull landed.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Navy
Baja, Checkmate, Beckmate or whatever you want to call it, that ZT 350 is one sweet looking boat. No chopper guns used either..
my baja was hand laid not a chopper gun, as far as I know when my buddy had a baja dealership he said non of the boats were chopper gunned sea rays are. so whats with the chopper gun remark? the newest bajas had a grid instead of regular stringers just before reg got the company but thats not consider chooper gun work. ol is using a grid set up instead of stringers now been to there shop many times this last yr. even say the new pics of the 28footer being designed.