Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
1991 Baja 260 Windshield Needed???? >

1991 Baja 260 Windshield Needed????

Notices

1991 Baja 260 Windshield Needed????

Old 08-19-2009, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 Baja 260 Windshield Needed????

Due to a drunk passenger I need to get a replacement port side curved glass section. Anyone have any idea where I could either get a piece, the entire windshield, or any other ideas. Any good marine salvage yards that stock windshields? Any help would be appreciated.

Also would any of the Baja guru's know if this windshield has the same dimensions or is the same as any of the later years? I didn't go and measure any of the pieces yet, but was hoping that maybe one of the newer boats had the same windshields. Would help expand my search.

Thanks
Old 08-20-2009, 06:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by strizki
Due to a drunk passenger I need to get a replacement port side curved glass section. Anyone have any idea where I could either get a piece, the entire windshield, or any other ideas. Any good marine salvage yards that stock windshields? Any help would be appreciated.

Also would any of the Baja guru's know if this windshield has the same dimensions or is the same as any of the later years? I didn't go and measure any of the pieces yet, but was hoping that maybe one of the newer boats had the same windshields. Would help expand my search.
Most likely gonna have to have it custom made. The 272 windshield should have different dimensions. My 1991 260 has been a great boat. I've had it since '96.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:05 AM
Registered

Would any of the 245 or 252's work you think? I measured all the dimensions, but I agree its a long shot and I'm probably going to have to have it custom made. I may just have the one piece fixed by ocean dynamic, but it still looks like its going to cost $800+
Old 08-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, no newer model Baja used that same windshield. All years of the 260 used the same glass, but the frame went from black, to polished alum. between 93' & 94' on the 260. The 208 Isl. & the 188 Isl. in the early 90's may have used the same corner glass, but the side wings, and center door are smaller.

Try calling Taylor Made Systems in Kendallville IN. (219) 347-1368, and see if they have information on the model of glass used to make the 260 windshield?

XT