custom swim platform help for older Force 235

Notices

custom swim platform help for older Force 235

Old 09-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom swim platform help for older Force 235

Im wanting to replace the teak swim platform on my 87 Force 235

I am able to make up a new tubular style platform like Ive seen on newer outlaws etc.

I just have a few questions

I was measuring the old one I have and comparing it to pics of newer tube style ones

I noticed that the newer tubular style ones seem to sit higher on the transom of the boat

where I have the holes in the transom for the exhaust tips right now is above where the teak platform is

Im noticing that the newer style stuff most of the exhaust sits under the platform

is there any specific reason why,

should I make the new one mount at the same height that the old teak one was at ?
Old 09-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think in this case it would be personal preference...I'm guessing the reason for the above on yours was placement.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:49 AM
jfm
Registered

I would say put it above more for safety. I have one for a 25 outlaw if your interested let me know.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The ladders on the older teak platforms were often shorter (flip) style ladders. Then came the telescoping style ladders that allowed the platforms to be mounted much higher (over) the exhaust tips.

Was your teak platform stained from the exhaust water?

XT
Old 09-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
The ladders on the older teak platforms were often shorter (flip) style ladders. Then came the telescoping style ladders that allowed the platforms to be mounted much higher (over) the exhaust tips.

Was your teak platform stained from the exhaust water?

XT
no it wasnt stained its actually in pretty good shape,
Im doing the entire boat over this offseason and I want to update the looks on it
I have the ability and tools to make my own platform so it should not cost me that much
so I was looking at some of the newer style ones for ideas
Old 09-27-2009, 12:38 AM
Custom Interiors & More

I guess that Irish was correct in saying "in this case it would be personal preference"

I can tell you that your transom angle is 13 degrees, so if you design your own platform and set it up for 103 degrees, it will be level with the chines. I would mount it above the exhaust tips if you want it to look more modern, but only if you can repair the old holes, and make them look good. I have some original platform drawings if you need a copy?

XT [email protected]
Old 09-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
I guess that Irish was correct in saying "in this case it would be personal preference"

I can tell you that your transom angle is 13 degrees, so if you design your own platform and set it up for 103 degrees, it will be level with the chines. I would mount it above the exhaust tips if you want it to look more modern, but only if you can repair the old holes, and make them look good. I have some original platform drawings if you need a copy?

XT [email protected]
Yeah if you can email me some of the original platform drawings you have to [email protected] I would greatly appreciate it
Im going to be filling the old holes on the transom from the old platform so I will probably be mounting it up higher like the newer ones come
thanks for the help
Old 09-28-2009, 04:48 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Here are both the single, and twin aluminum tube platform drawings. Noticed the "Proprietary Notice" on the drawing, and I tried to contact both Baja Marine and Fountain, but nobody answers so I guess that I can email them to you?

Hey, look it shows DL as the draftsman on the drawings.....
Attached Thumbnails custom swim platform help for older Force 235-single_swim.jpg   custom swim platform help for older Force 235-twin_swim.jpg  
Old 09-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Registered

xt thanks a ton that was a big help
Old 08-28-2016, 09:49 AM
Registered

The drawings are super helpful! Thanks a lot!