Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
09 25 Outlaw anyone here have one? >

09 25 Outlaw anyone here have one?

Notices

09 25 Outlaw anyone here have one?

Old 10-27-2009, 12:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 25 Outlaw anyone here have one?

Looking for first hand info on the differences and quality difference if any. also the speed and ride compared to previous years. just looking for general info. Thanks.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:09 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No question the quality is good. Fountain builds a good boat. Based on everything I have read and heard all the Baja models performed about the same under Fountain as they did from Baja out of Bucyrus. Actually some seemed a little slower but I think that may be because of a heavier lay up than anything else on the models where they converted back to a stringer construction.

I have only seen one 09 and that was at the Fort Lauderdale show last fall. Are there many out on the market?

My only complaint is the Baja "By Fountain" logo.

Happy shopping
Old 10-27-2009, 09:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

My local dealer has one in stock and they are 26 Outlaws, nice boat the finish work is very nice. I haven't drove the 26, but the 30 I drove ran hard.

http://www.premierboatingcenter.com/...826f33b17fd1da
Old 10-27-2009, 09:13 AM
Registered

You should ask boat4fun on here they have an 08 26 outlaw that we looked at that is new and I bet there is a deal to had on it. Now unless you specifcaly want an 09 I think I would want the Baja version more than the Baja by Fountain one. Just an opinion though. I think if you look at his post on the 40 Split decision and you get to the ebay page you can see the 26 there.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Ride is near the same, the Fountain 26 seems a little heavier. Hole shot on the 09 is improved with the lower gear ratio as is mid range. Top speed on GPS speedo in our local lake was 62, however I didn’t push it because it was 40 degrees and I had potential buyers in the boat.

The biggest difference is the lay up and rigging. The 09 26 came in without any air pockets, no stress cracks and so on. The boat looks and feels like it is build like a tank. Also, the wiring and rigging is much cleaner then years past. I’m not knocking the 2008 and earlier Baja's, just saying the 2009s are cleaner.

The last year for the 25 was 2006. The 26 took its place in 2007.

We also have a 2009 30 (w HO's). I have put 6-8hours on it; right out of the box it ran 79.8 GPS also in a local lake. (it ran 82.3 at Fountain) Very impressive since I had to tweak all the 30's I had previously sold to see those kinds of speeds.

Let me know if you have further questions...

Brett
Premier Boating Center
[email protected]
Old 10-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja
Ride is near the same, the Fountain 26 seems a little heavier. Hole shot on the 09 is improved with the lower gear ratio as is mid range. Top speed on GPS speedo in our local lake was 62, however I didn’t push it because it was 40 degrees and I had potential buyers in the boat.

The biggest difference is the lay up and rigging. The 09 26 came in without any air pockets, no stress cracks and so on. The boat looks and feels like it is build like a tank. Also, the wiring and rigging is much cleaner then years past. I’m not knocking the 2008 and earlier Baja's, just saying the 2009s are cleaner.

The last year for the 25 was 2006. The 26 took its place in 2007.

We also have a 2009 30 (w HO's). I have put 6-8hours on it; right out of the box it ran 79.8 GPS also in a local lake. (it ran 82.3 at Fountain) Very impressive since I had to tweak all the 30's I had previously sold to see those kinds of speeds.

Let me know if you have further questions...

Brett
Premier Boating Center
[email protected]
Both of these boats are sharp looking from the outside.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Brett, I mean this out of all do respect towards you and I am not calling you out by any means. I know you are a tell it the way it is kind of guy. Did Fountain make some recent changes to see those speeds? When I was at their facility for the Baja "by Fountain" dealer meeting. The 30 O/L I ran seen 77(ish) MPH, which was the same speeds as the stock Baja "by Brunswick", however the mid range was very disapointing / sluggish.

The boat I ran was a 2009 Baja "by Fountain" 30 O/L, it had twin 496 HO's w/ 1.65 gear ratio, 32pitch lab props, spinning inward rotation, 3 people on board, and was near empty on fuel. I don't recall if that particular boat had the notched transom or not. Is Fountain still doing notched transoms on all the 30 O/L's?

I apologize if this is the wrong location for this post, I seen where info was posted above regarding the 30 O/L. So it has me curious.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Becker, no worries!! The 30 at the Factory was the first 30 they produced. it did not have a notched transom. Mine was the first to have the notch and since, all others in production have the notch. Shorgren bought the non-notched 30 and just retailed it.

Other than that your info is spot on 1:65 drives and labbed 32p makes up for 79 and change here, boat still only has 6 hours on it, so I havent really spanked her yet!

PS, I should have taken it to the shootout at LOTO and had Billy drive it, might have seen 100mph
Old 10-29-2009, 12:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Yeah, Billy's good for that extra couple of MPH (like 20 MPH). I don't think I'll ever hear the end of that one.

I appreciate the info on the 30 O/L!!
Old 10-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fountain was not the first person to ever notch a 30 OL. I had to prove a speed gain for a notch to be used on the 35 OL, and used a 30 hull to do the testing with. I gained around 2-3 MPH without even rasing the "x" dim on a 30 with 6.2 MPI's. But, the corp. brass would not approve changing any tooling on the 30 OL due to the number of boats in the field.

Kevin Brown has also modified a customer "Baja by Baja" 30 OL with HO's, and had some success.

XT
Attached Thumbnails 09 25 Outlaw anyone here have one?-30ol_notch.jpg   09 25 Outlaw anyone here have one?-notch.jpg   09 25 Outlaw anyone here have one?-hull_part.jpg  

09 25 Outlaw anyone here have one?-inside.jpg   09 25 Outlaw anyone here have one?-35ol_notch_hull.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.