24 Outlaw Whipple

Notices

24 Outlaw Whipple

Old 12-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by specialk
About $1K per mile per hour.
Na. I spent less than $15k & gained 25+. You just need to shop smart.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
No mods to seat required on 24OL or 25OL.
thats great to hear thanks, i was looking and there isnt much clearance back there between the pulley's and the seat as is so i was fearing the worse.

next question - with a Bravo 1 sitting back there is it a ticking time bomb before i start tearing up gears or worse? once again looking at around 4-5lbs of boost.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Registered

I have a 1999 25 Outlaw with a Whipple sidemount 22R. You should be packin a little less weight with your 24 Outlaw as compared to mine...... You will have no modifications to make to the back seat at all! I would recommend a low water pick-up and definitely a sea strainer to keep debris from packin up in the innercooler........ You should have no problems runnin mid 70's at 6lbs of boost reliable. That is the factory pulley set-up and you will probably spin a 28 or 30 4 blade with cup to achieve that. The Drive will be another issue........... You will have to baby it or you will go through Bravo 1's like toilet paper Even takin it easy for the torque is pretty stout!!

Originally Posted by will22
hey guys wondering if anyone has installed a side mount whipple system on their 24 outlaw. i have 97 with a 502mag in mine and was considering putting on a whipple kit but was wondering if you have to modify the back seat to get the whipple in there or if does it sit low enough to clear the back seat framework...up at the top it sticks out farther than rest.

any other issues i should be aware of as well? and is there such a thing as honest reliability with a supercharged system? im not looking to break any speed records but mid 70's would be nice...would 4-5lbs of boost get me in that area?

also what other things would be recommended to be done to a stock motor when adding this system?

thanks in advance for any input
Old 12-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Registered

what speeds are you seeing from your 25?
Old 12-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scalded Dawg
I have a 1999 25 Outlaw with a Whipple sidemount 22R. You should be packin a little less weight with your 24 Outlaw as compared to mine...... You will have no modifications to make to the back seat at all! I would recommend a low water pick-up and definitely a sea strainer to keep debris from packin up in the innercooler........ You should have no problems runnin mid 70's at 6lbs of boost reliable. That is the factory pulley set-up and you will probably spin a 28 or 30 4 blade with cup to achieve that. The Drive will be another issue........... You will have to baby it or you will go through Bravo 1's like toilet paper Even takin it easy for the torque is pretty stout!!
what motor I was running mid 80s well 83.2 with a 26b1 at 5900 to 6000rpm and once I got on plane I would nail it from 3500 to 6000rpm and got there fast my boat would of gone faster with a 28 or 30 b1 but my boat got broken into and its for sale a part now cause I bought a custom built boat a SABER 28 which I am putting a KONRAD ACE DRIVE AND DEAN GELLNEER ENGINEERING 572 BLOWN HIT MAN MOTOR, but a 2'' shortie or imco 3'' raised box will give you a lot of speed my tq maxed out at 637 at 4800 rpms. and I live on the ocean where theres a lot of air and those stock bravo drives can handle it as long as you take it easy getting on plane then nail it. my 1st drive lasted 6yrs with 585 to 650hp it was a gen 1 design, the one that got stolen was a 02 drive with a shortie and held up fine, that blower might have a little more tq but be one with the boat and you will be fine. hell I was going to run a b1x drive with the 1100hp on the out law but THAT was pushing it haha. if you have any Qs I have 20yrs driving my baja at over stock power plus lots of other boats just PM me. those 24s were a nice boat with a little extra support in the right spots. art
Old 12-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Registered

I was seeing a consistent 73mph gps on a stock 454mag on a 28 Bravo 1 that was labbed and cupped..... Saw 75-76mph gps on a good day with a light load and choppy conditions.... This was with a sidemount 2300R 2.3l that I am putting up for sale for a 3.3l centermount upgrade.........

Originally Posted by will22
what speeds are you seeing from your 25?