Guess Who's Boat Game

Notices

Guess Who's Boat Game

Old 01-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ed,

Some updated photos.

Still waiting on a power lift bracket to set your motorlid in place?

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Guess Who's Boat Game-imgp6790.jpg   Guess Who's Boat Game-imgp6776.jpg   Guess Who's Boat Game-imgp6777.jpg  

Old 01-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ebay Ed
WJB how long did it take you to get to PIB from Lake St Clair about how many miles is it
Dave should be able to answer this. I remember the trip up but cant remember how much time we spent in the river. When I went up in my buddy 25 Outlaw we didnt have a GPS or anything, just pointed that direction and crossed the lake. Coming back was one of the toughest trips ever when the weather took a major change for the worse!
Old 01-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ebay Ed
WJB how long did it take you to get to PIB from Lake St Clair about how many miles is it
From Jefferson Beach Marina (9 Mile and Jefferson) to PIB it took about an hour or so running 40-45ish (we'd hit 50 at times, but get lazy and mess around with charts and what not... no GPS... and do 30-35 for a few while a girl drove and the guys played navigator). I don't remember if we stopped in Lake Erie to get gas or not? I know there is a Shell station (or use to be a Shell...) not long after you get out of the Det. River that we stop at occasionally.

I know we can make it all the way to Cedar Point in about an hour and 1/2 if we push a little harder.

Depending on where you're coming from and how fast you're running it should take about 45 min. to an hour and 1/2 to get to PIB from Lake St. Clair.

I don't know the exact miles, we never had a GPS when we made the trip. Given that it takes about an hour to get there going 40 miles per hour...

Last edited by wjb21ndtown; 01-28-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Dave should be able to answer this. I remember the trip up but cant remember how much time we spent in the river. When I went up in my buddy 25 Outlaw we didnt have a GPS or anything, just pointed that direction and crossed the lake. Coming back was one of the toughest trips ever when the weather took a major change for the worse!
That's no joke! I've been stuck in Lake Erie in 6 - 8' waves coming over the bow of our 26' Nova... That was a long day...
Old 01-28-2010, 08:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

now that is wierd i posted about how nice the interior looked just after Dave posted the pictures and it didnt show up any way i said that it looks really nice and i cannot wait to see it in person huh i think maybe my computer might be on drugs
Old 01-28-2010, 08:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

when i was younger i was with my mom and dad just off Port Clinton when PC got hit by a tornado we would go down in the bottom of a wave and all we could see was water and we were sitting there fishing the whole time but that was my dad he lived to fish and he didnt care what the weather was like
Old 01-29-2010, 08:39 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

The interior is really sharp Ed. Nice work

Stupid question I'm sure but how do you transition from one lake to the next in the great lakes chain?

I have had the pleasure now to see both the calm and the rough sides of Erie.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

they are all tied together by rivers some of them have locks on them like going thru the Panama Canal that you would have to pass thru but you should be able to go from the Atlantic Ocean all the way to Chicago. Dock thanks for the compliments on the interior but that is all Dave, Lane and the rest at XT i just dropped my boat off and told them the 2 colors i wanted and they did the rest i wish i could take the credit for it but i cant Ed
Old 01-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
The interior is really sharp Ed. Nice work

Stupid question I'm sure but how do you transition from one lake to the next in the great lakes chain?

I have had the pleasure now to see both the calm and the rough sides of Erie.
Dock maybe this will help answer your question.

The Atlantic connects to Lake Ontario via the St. Lawrence River

Lake Ontario connects to Lake Erie via the Niagra River (including Niagra falls)

Lake Erie Connects to Lake St. Clair (Sister lake to great lakes) Via Detroit River

Lake St. Clair connects to Lake Huron Via the St. Clair River

Lake Huron and Lake Michigan connect together at the top of the Lower Peninsula at the Mackinaw Bridge. That is where the name change takes over.

Lake Huron Connects to Lake Superior via St. Mary's River.

That is geographically how they are connected. I believe the route to take from the Atlantic to get to the great lakes via boat would be the Erie Canal.

I personally have never boated them before, I am sure someone can correct me if I am wrong.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:32 AM
Registered

None of the Great Lakes are something to take lightly when the weather changes. I've been caught in 4 out of the 5 in the roughest water you can imagine. We left Port Huron in a 24' Sea Ray Sundancer and headed for Tawas City by the time we got out around the thumb it was 10-12' waves and they where coming over the bow. WFO we where only running 10mph it was the worst day of my life until I got caught in the Straits of Mackinaw in 8-10' waves and could see the bottom through the port windows. Lets just say when they are calling for small craft advisories I stay at the dock. Thats the problem with running from Detroit River to PIB is that you never know what the weather is going to be like on the return trip so I always say plan to have to stay another day if weather is bad. I've come from St.Clair marina down the St.Clair River in 3-4' waves and hit LSC and been in 4-5' waves seems everytime the wind is blowing out of the south it kicks up St.Clair and the St.Clair River...

Ed just curious are you thinking about a trip to PIB the weekend of the run? Or are you thinking about putting your boat in at Sandusky and coming across? Thats too far to take a large group you'd be looking at a 200 mile day on the water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.