Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Blue Silicone Waterhose >

Blue Silicone Waterhose

Notices

Blue Silicone Waterhose

Old 12-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd get some stainless tubing & take your hoses to a muffler shop & have them bend the tubing up to match the hoses. Have them made a inch or two short so you can put regular hose on each end to connect it all up.
I'm doing that to mine over the winter. I've done it to several of my trucks & have never had a problem with doing that. Plus, you'll find it is WAY cheaper to do the tubing than to buy 2 sets of hoses.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
I'd get some stainless tubing & take your hoses to a muffler shop & have them bend the tubing up to match the hoses. Have them made a inch or two short so you can put regular hose on each end to connect it all up.
I'm doing that to mine over the winter. I've done it to several of my trucks & have never had a problem with doing that. Plus, you'll find it is WAY cheaper to do the tubing than to buy 2 sets of hoses.
Wouldn't you need someone to have a mandrel bending machine to do it without kinks? What wall stainless you using?
Old 12-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
Wouldn't you need someone to have a mandrel bending machine to do it without kinks? What wall stainless you using?
A good shop will have a mandrel machine. I use whatever they have at the muffler shop that is cheap & stainless.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

What size hose do you need, i sell the blue silicone hose.
302-521-0123

The Best Parts & Service At The Best Price
Old 12-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DiamondPerformance
What size hose do you need, i sell the blue silicone hose.
I need too look, but I need a few different lengths and really don't know how I'm running it yet. Was hoping to buy a roll or it and I'm guessing you wouldn't be able to cut me that kind of break...Was looking to buy direct.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
Believe it or not I worked in a hose factory for close to 10 yrs before BAJA and had access to all kinds of cool tricks. We did alot of GM, Ford and Chrysler......everything from radiator to fuel line to stuff I still havent seen on a car to this day.

Sometimes I miss being able to make the custom stuff. Dont miss the heat from the vulcanizer though!
Old 12-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Believe it or not I worked in a hose factory for close to 10 yrs before BAJA and had access to all kinds of cool tricks. We did alot of GM, Ford and Chrysler......everything from radiator to fuel line to stuff I still havent seen on a car to this day.

Sometimes I miss being able to make the custom stuff. Dont miss the heat from the vulcanizer though!
You got a lead on hose? I guess I'm going to have to do some checking locally..
Old 12-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Registered

You guys sure like to play with your hoses!
Old 12-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Busta
You guys sure like to play with your hoses!
Better to play with them than to have one drippin..
Old 03-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Registered

I know this thread is old as hell, but thought I would throw in my source. I ran blue silicone hoses on our Baja, bought all the hoses I needed from TruckPro. They have branches all over and the hose was cheap as dirt from them. Also buy my oil filters (Baldwin) from TruckPro. Best price around. TruckPro is sort of a Class7 and Class 8 heavy truck version of O'Rielleys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.