92  270 Baja Re-power & Updating Thread >

92 270 Baja Re-power & Updating Thread

Notices

92 270 Baja Re-power & Updating Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 04:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightlife1970
I gotta ask... Is that 8 holes in the seat for 6x9's?
Yup, There willl be (8) 6x9's, (8) 6 1/2's, (4) 5 1/2's, and (2) 12" subs...... 3 Punch 500, 2 Punch 300, and 1 Punch 120 amps on it....I kinda like my music
Old 05-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Registered

Nice job man!!!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Registered

So it looks like a few final touches on my windscreen conversion and if my painter buys off on my glass and body work its off to the booth this weekend....fingers crossed

Old 05-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Registered

looking good whats the hp mine is going on the dyno next week 572 1071 shooting for 1150 to 1200hp builder is anyway since the last two were smaller in cam and heads and made 1137hp. I plan on extra pulleys to lower it I don't want to blow a new konrad ace drive. good luck !!
Old 05-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You have more ambition than I.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by joe27baja
Here is a pic from a few months ago when we just installed the motor....take note to the floor in front of the crank pully. The gas tank was removed and shorten 5" and the fire wall was cut and moved foward to be able to install the blower... In the stock app the wall was only 1" away from the crank pully

I have everything plumbed with the motor in at this point and I will post some pics of that when I get a chance....
that firewall is a bulkhead did you glass and box it in so it still goes across but shaped like a 3 sided box if not you should do that and make a metal brace up higher going across since the motor sits on a angle, otherwise you could have flex issues. its going to be fast boat.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
that firewall is a bulkhead did you glass and box it in so it still goes across but shaped like a 3 sided box if not you should do that and make a metal brace up higher going across since the motor sits on a angle, otherwise you could have flex issues. its going to be fast boat.
I notched it and glassed it all in, I didnt think there would be any flex issues with the solid motor mount support bracket being so close and is pretty beefy itself . Now that you have raised this interesting question I can have a plate cut to fit out of some 3/16 or 1/4 stainless and bolt it in... Thanks for the imput and I will doit, it will not take long at all. As far as horsepower I have no dyno time. I have a friend with just about the same engine pakage and he makes 946 at the flywheel but I will be tuning for 800-850 I kinda want it to last.
I know that this particular hull isnt that fast but with my last set-up I had 550+ hp, running the stock Bravo 1 and a 28p prop turning 6,200(drunk) on gps I was 72....Now in the mid 8's and I have a Bravo X drive, land & sea stern jack, w/a 33 Bravo prop.... Does anyone have any ideas on the speed b/c I dont

Last edited by joe27baja; 05-10-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

im interested to see how the windscreen comes out, its pretty close to what i am trying to do. i have a 89 sport 250 that is the exact hull that you have. do you by any chance still have the back seat assembly? i bought mine missing the entire interior and windshield. nice to see someone besides me building the same boat, yours is a bit more hard core then mine (for now). post some pics of the windscreen if you can
Old 05-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Registered

It's amazing how projects like this never seem to get done in the intended time . I'm in the middle of one myself but finally over the hump, pushing hard to at least be in by Memorial Day. Won't have the cabin done, but at least if its running, I can finish that over the course of the summer and I'll be happy.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by c_deezy
It's amazing how projects like this never seem to get done in the intended time . I'm in the middle of one myself but finally over the hump, pushing hard to at least be in by Memorial Day. Won't have the cabin done, but at least if its running, I can finish that over the course of the summer and I'll be happy.
I am also trying to get done for Memorial Day.....Right now all of my interior parts are at my upholstery's guys house and he couldnt be going and slower....when Im at his house im dropping comments like "have you ever tried Adipex?, they are soo good"......
I just ran all of my wires for my stereo, speakers, and amps. I installed my 2 12" subs lastnight and cut in and mounted my led Nav lights and replaced some of the Teflon skids on my trailer....Its funny how I dont have a single friend right now, but I bet they come out of the wood works as soon as im done...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.