I need some help with my trim plus batteries

Notices

I need some help with my trim plus batteries

Old 05-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help with my trim plus batteries

Can anyone give me any help? Had the Baja winterized last fall and it has been sitting in my parent barn during the winter and my dad was going to tow it up to me but couldn't raise the outdrive and I figured he just wan't using the two switches so I went down yesterday and had no luck either. Also having problems with the batteries. Mine were dead so I bought 2 new ones but when I hook them up I have no power. Could the battery switches be bad and that's why I can't use them. Only way I'm getting power is hooking the battery pack up to the posts. So right now the boat can't move because the boat and trailer are up on blocks with the outdrive down. Any help I would appreciate it.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On mine there's a switch above the battery switch it's a rocker and is actually a breaker see if thats blown. If you don't have power anywhere you might've blown the inline fuse on the starter.?
Old 05-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if yopu have a two way switch look at the back were the wires are they go bad
Old 05-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'll have to check to see if there is a switch above the battery switch. There is what looks to me a reset red push button but I've pushed it but don't notice anything happening. You have to stand on your head to be able to look above the battery switch. I was going to try and take the plastic cover that's in the engine compartment that covers the wires coming from the battery switch but it was sealed so I thought I'd wait and see what other people thought before I take that apart. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just received a message from my mom saying my dad went back out to see if he could figure out why we are having problems raising the outdrive but when he tried it this time it went up and not sure why since he and I were doing what was needed to raise it in the first place. Now I'll see if he has any luck with the batteries. I told him to check to see if he could see he could see a switch above the battery switch like you mentioned Irishtornado. If nothing else at least it can be towed up to the marine if we can't fix the battery problem.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Registered

This may sound stupid - but did you check the kill switch? I had the 30 worked on (end of warranty) and when we were dumping it in at the ramp I couldn't get it to do just about anything. Turns out even though the lanyard was still hanging, the swtich must have just been pushed enough to kill power to a lot of stuff (only blower, bilge and a few other things worked... no trim, no tabs, no alarm beep, gauges, etc would). Reset the swtich and all was good - I really wouldn't have thought about it until I just starting hitting everything at the ramp. Glad I tested before he dropped me in. Hope it is something as easy as that.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My dad said he tried that and thought at first that's why it wasn't working but it's worth another try if nothing else. As for why the outdrive works but didn't before not sure but I did notice the reservoir tank that has the gear lube in it was low and the cap wan't tight so I filled it up and tighten the cap on but don't know if that would have made a difference or not.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ok got the batteries figured out today and it was the rest button that was the problem but we had to take it out to figure it out. The red button you could push but nothing happened so we thought the rest was bad because we could get a reading from it but when we took it out and looked at it the was a little piece that when the rest pops this little black thing would swing down and while it was in the boat you couldn't see it since the whole rest control was black so once we saw that and pushed it back up we wired it back up and everything was fine so I should be good to go once the marine summarizes it. I know it's a simple process and I did do before on the 236 Baja but but there is one plug that's kind of hard to get to so I just let the marine do it and if something goes wrong that's there problem and they have to fix it. So thanks for all the help and suggestions.