Stellings Box on 25 OL.....issues... >

Stellings Box on 25 OL.....issues...

Notices

Stellings Box on 25 OL.....issues...

Old 06-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Baja_man
Well, I think we are making progress.....the boat was water tested on sat and the leak seems to be fixed....I guess it was some kind of gasket that had to be made on a water inlet line that goes through the box....I didn't see it but he says it is fixed now.

Problem #2....I guess the boost pump was bad....the fuel pump can keep up under 3000 RPM but needs the boost pump after that to help supply fuel? I am not an expert on these things but that is what the mechanic is telling me. No power to the boost pump so he is going to change it....$250 for the pump...ouch..but at least we are making progress he said it should be done tue or wed as he had to order the part.
250.00 is a cheap fix on a boat any day. Boating season is too shot to not be on the water.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there was a guy on here from overseas germany that had the 25ol that ran nice with a imco 3'' raised box and 525 went from 74 to 81, then he added a merc 600 sold the 525 and ended up with 4'' altogether 3'' raised box 2'' shortie with a 1'' spacer at final test of 87 or 89gps. good luck
Old 06-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

any new progress???
Old 06-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Registered

I am going to pick it up in an hour.......we'll see.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Registered

All fixed !! It ended up being the boost pump that was bad. Also the leak in the ext box is fixed.

I took it out for a test run today and noticed the speedo was not working and had no GPS with me so no numbers for you. I measured the distance from bottom of pad to prop centerline.....3"......I had a M+ 23P on boat and zero issues getting on plane. Before the box, it would take a little distance to get the boat to 5000RPM where it would max out, now it gets there quick with a little blow out around 4000-4500 RPM's. I am now on the rev limiter quick with this prop.

Next time out (Thursday) I will have the GPS and a 24P B1 Labbed. Any guess on what to expect? It was 63 MPH at 4600-4700 RPM and took a bit to get the 4700 and maybe 64 MPH. I suspect I will be close to 5000 RPM's or over now.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Gold Member

Very glad to hear you have it sorted out! Keep us posted!
Old 06-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Registered

24p at 5000 rpm I'd say 68 gps to 70 gps, good luck.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Registered

Baja Man you make me want to get a box. I know aronnd how much they cost, what is the rough $$$$ for the installation?

Did you have to move your motor mounts up?
Old 06-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by knockld
Baja Man you make me want to get a box. I know aronnd how much they cost, what is the rough $$$$ for the installation?

I can give you my exact costs for everything.

Used Stelling Box with Imco single ram steering (This was just the stuff on outside of transom).....$1750+$80 shipping

Imco 2" Shorty......$2500

Rear steering cap, hydraulic steering helm and hoses, misc bolts, u-joints,bearings, o-rings studs, hardware.....$2800

Labor to install all which requires engine removal....$1450

So that brings us to a grand total of $8580

I am quoting you these prices off of my invoices, I had alot of questions and issues along the way but in the end it now is complete. I have yet to get some solid numbers but plan on doing so this weekend. Just by the trial run I am confident that there is alot I will gain. I am really impressed so far with the steering, it is so much easier and effortless. This was just a side benefit of adding the box. I think that is where I problably blew my budget but all worked out in the end. I have a solid safe setup to added bigger power to in the near future. I went back and forth on where to spend the money....box or headers and in the end I am very happy I went this route. The benefits I will have over the headers is not even comparable. My dimension from the bottom of the pad to the prop centerline went from 6" to 3" and I used the center holes of the box. So far on the trial run I had zero issues getting on plane with full fuel and three persons in boat. So if your on the fence and want to do some upgrades that you will feel, these are it. I hope this helps.

Last edited by Baja_man; 06-16-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by knockld
No, I went stellings box in the center holes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.