30 Outlaw Advice >

30 Outlaw Advice

Notices

30 Outlaw Advice

Old 06-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30 Outlaw Advice

Hey Guys I am looking at one of the few "leftover" 2008 30 Outlaws and the prices have dropped to where they are hard to resist. Without getting into the whole liner construction bashing are there any signs to look for in a new 30 Outlaw that may indicate potential liner construction issues ? What other items should I beware of ? I have a 2008 26 Outlaw and have had ZERO liner / cracking issues. The small warranty items I have had were taken care of by my local Sea Ray dealer without any headaches. Thanks for your input.

Steve
Old 06-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had one, an 06. We loved the boat. Very little problems.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I would not worry. Find your favorite and enjoy it!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Registered

'08 30' Outlaw purchased new w/ an hour on each motor in 4/09 for well-below invoice.

Run in nothing but salt, 260+ hrs so far (boated less this year than we did in previous ones w/ the 275 due to the sucko winter).

List of repairs to date:

Stiching on sunpad (Sea Ray warranty paid $600 to local shop to correct)
Trim sensor (warranty)
Speedometer needle sticks (warranty)
A speaker crackled (warranty)
Hatch handle defect (warranty)
A handful of little things, all cosmetic (all covered under warranty)

It doesn't get much better than that.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most will never show any issues. The ones that started to fail first were LOTO boats and those conditions are rough.

The liner will usually start to crack in the lower section down near the steps where you enter the cuddy. Then it would travel up the liner near the dash area and over the side.

I think by 08 that the problem had been corrected in most part or at least the changes had worked to prevent future issues.

One of the reasons the prices are so low is because the market is what it is and people are concerned about these boats. You should find a deal but should expect resale when the day comes to be a deal for the next buyer.

Happy shopping and I hope you find the one you want and enjoy. I have riden in and driven two 30 OL and they are really a nice riding and handling boat.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

And you did an excellent job of driving!!!!
Jay
Old 06-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Local Nebraska dealer has a 30 Faja on a trailer for $152k. Recall on GPS is 82 boat has HO's. Let me know if you want more info.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by eddie
Local Nebraska dealer has a 30 Faja on a trailer for $152k. Recall on GPS is 82 boat has HO's. Let me know if you want more info.
Wow that seems high, they have a new 30 Faja in Morris, IL for $119K. They are mags though, not HO...but still.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:44 AM
Registered

From what I have found, there are 3 remaining 2008 new Baja 30 Outlaws still sittng in dealer's inventory. All 3 are "asking" below $ 100 K. So $ 152 K is way high on a "Faja" 30 Outlaw. Once I can "stomach" the beating I am going to have to take on getting out of my 26 Outlaw I am definatly pulling the trigger on an upgrade !
Old 07-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MDsteve410
From what I have found, there are 3 remaining 2008 new Baja 30 Outlaws still sittng in dealer's inventory. All 3 are "asking" below $ 100 K. So $ 152 K is way high on a "Faja" 30 Outlaw. Once I can "stomach" the beating I am going to have to take on getting out of my 26 Outlaw I am definatly pulling the trigger on an upgrade !
This one is a 2009 and is loaded with options and includes a trailer. The 2008's don't have notched transoms, at least the ones I've seen. It also has:

NOTCHED TRANSOM, Latham hydrauilc steering, Lenco trim tabs with LED indicator, Switchable exhaust, Alum. swim platform, Fender holders, Dual batteries with switch, Livorsi gauges, GPS Speedometer, Fire extinguishing system, Cockpit covers, Heritage custom trailer. Black hull sides, WAVE graphics, red, silver and red.

No idea what it's "worth" or what they would take. Just wanted to throw it out there.