bow nav light >

bow nav light

Notices

bow nav light

Old 06-16-2010, 10:20 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts
Default bow nav light

i am look for a new bow nav light. last year fule pump when out and while being towed in the rope cought the ligt and knocked the crome cover off. now at night i get blined by the light. also looks like cr*p to me. anyone ever replace one with a diffrent light or were do i find a oem one?
Old 06-17-2010, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lost my cap as well and was able to order a new one. It looked challenging to replace with a different set up due to the recessed area around the light. There are some old Baja workers on here that may be able to point you to who the supplier was and get another cover. Should hook up to the hook that secures to the trailer when towing and at anchor to prevent this from happening.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Gold Member

I switched mine out to the Attwood LED version from Overton's. I think yours is different than mine, but they make a few different models that will probably fit well. The LED is so much better than the bulb type IMO.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Registered

Tore mine off a few yrs back and I ended up replacing it with one from Sunsation. Local to me. After the fact I found the exact one Baja used and I believe this is it. Just scroll down the page pretty sure it's Attwood Deck light chrome.

Hope this helps, super easy to switch out.

http://www.discountmarinesupplies.co...ion_Light.html
Old 06-17-2010, 12:16 PM
Registered

I hate my bow light. I am always worred its going to get rippd off fromt he anchor line or something. the chrome cover poped off last year, i think i found just the covers on Ebay ffor like 12 bucks. but never orderd one.

I did however order 2 differnt stanless pop up lights. both where 2 big to fit inthe resessed area. I am not sure what to do here.

I looked at another baja 252 before buying this boat and it had a pop up light, and it fit. so someone out ther make sone that will work but i can not seam to find it.

I do need a new cover though.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/c...ing/navigation
Old 06-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperTaz
Tore mine off a few yrs back and I ended up replacing it with one from Sunsation. Local to me. After the fact I found the exact one Baja used and I believe this is it. Just scroll down the page pretty sure it's Attwood Deck light chrome.

Hope this helps, super easy to switch out.

http://www.discountmarinesupplies.co...ion_Light.html
We used the Attwood "Quasar" model (#31237 Chrome Combination Bi-Color) center top of that page.

XT
Old 06-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mittens
I hate my bow light. I am always worred its going to get rippd off fromt he anchor line or something. the chrome cover poped off last year, i think i found just the covers on Ebay ffor like 12 bucks. but never orderd one.

I did however order 2 differnt stanless pop up lights. both where 2 big to fit inthe resessed area. I am not sure what to do here.

I looked at another baja 252 before buying this boat and it had a pop up light, and it fit. so someone out ther make sone that will work but i can not seam to find it.

I do need a new cover though.
After I ripped mine off I chocked it up to rookie error with my Baja. Now I just always hook the anchor line to the bow eye with a quick release clip and use the cleat on top if I want to double up. Only need that if your on one of the big ponds though. Easy fix.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:56 AM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

thanks guys! lesson learned now i never use the deck cleats to ancher or if i ever need another tow
Old 07-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Registered

I need to replace the bow light on my 1998 Baja Islander. Do most of the replacement lights come in a standard size. Anchor rope completly took light out. All I have is a base and no wires to hook up the new bow light that I am trying to buy. Do I need to go to Overtons and get it there ? Any ideas...Thanks