Any Pictures of Extension Boxs and/or Shorties

Notices

Any Pictures of Extension Boxs and/or Shorties

Old 05-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
And so it begins!

The project went smoothly for the most part. Two trips to the hardware store for the water pipe bolts.

FWIW... the Teague 'block-off plate' does not work the IMCO extension box. The plate is too wide and will not fit into the key hole.

Today I am going to work on trim lines and pump.

Does anyone have suggestions on reconnecting the ground wires to the back plate?

I will post more pictures as the project continues.
Thanks for the pics... Hard to believe a few sights want your money to see how people do things and progress on there projects!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
I'm not 100% sure but I think I bought mine from IMCO and had to grind them down too.
Call Dave @ IMCO and ask.
I called IMCO and talked to both NV and CA. Dave said they no longer make them.

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
The Teague one is cheaper...I told you anytime you need something just call I'll help the best I can over the phone.
Teague is also cheaper than Merc but a lot thicker!! I really would have a hard time grinding on that beautiful billet part!

Originally Posted by fleg1
Thanks for the pics... Hard to believe a few sights want your money to see how people do things and progress on there projects!!!
Gee what site could you possibly be talking?
Old 05-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

The Teague one is cheaper...I told you anytime you need something just call I'll help the best I can over the phone.
I made one call during the project and when I hit that brick wall with the plate I was going to call..... BUT MY F'ing iPhone's screen WENT DEAD!!!! I had to get a new phone Saturday night. I did not want to leave the housing just hanging there. So I am now going to attack this pate from the inside.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trust me you'll never look at it again grind away. If you have your Y pipe still use it as a pattern If you feel uncomfortable grinding on it I'll be in Ellisville in the morning I'm fine with throwing sparks.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Registered

I picked up the thinner Merc block off plate and a can of Merc black paint. It looks like I will have a to trim a little going off the Y pipe.

This part is not a problem... I guess I am just a pu$$y when it comes the fine metal work.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
I picked up the thinner Merc block off plate and a can of Merc black paint. It looks like I will have a to trim a little going off the Y pipe.

This part is not a problem... I guess I am just a pu$$y when it comes the fine metal work.
I'll be passing through your area on Friday. You need me to stop and make sparks fly for you?
Old 05-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Registered

I'll be passing through your area on Friday. You need me to stop and make sparks fly for you?
We're going to be in Nashville for a few days and the nice part is in MI hopefully with its new owner. I just picked up the Merc plate and hopefully I will grid it this morning.

Next time you are let me know and I will meet you at the Mr. Fuel. We keep the boat is just a mile or two down the road from there.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks good Rick,