need hatch hinges >

need hatch hinges

Notices

need hatch hinges

Old 01-13-2011, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need hatch hinges

I have a 24 sport. The rear hatch has never been mounted correctly. I never did like how it was above the fiberglass. So I wanted to flush mount it with the fiberglass. SO I tryed some eddie marine hidden hinges. Well they didnt work, after all the messuring and cutting, they didnt work. The problem is that as the hatch lifts the foam and vinyl get trappend between the rear fiberglass and the hatch itself. So what needs to happen is like it needs to pull out then up. So I was looking at a 252 islander, and they have the hatches flush mounted, so I was looking at the hatch mounts they have, and they have them on the side..does anyone know where I can get a hatch mount like that at? Or have a suggestions on what I can do??
Old 03-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Registered

Did you ever find an answer? I have two hinges on my 2002 25 Baja Outlaw about 24 inches long. One of my hinges is somewhat bent forward. Email me at
[email protected] as I can not find a replacement hinge!
Old 03-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check into this vendor. They did many of the hinges for Baja, and may have the drawings for that one?

http://www.hingecraft.com/

XT
Old 03-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Registered

Thank You XT!!!! I am going to take some pictures of the hinges and get with the company next week (seems like they can make anything!). The ones on their now are like a piano hinge per say but they also have an L shape that connects under the bottom of the rear of the hatch to support it. I am not sure what the screws are actually going into at that point (maybe there is some solid wood behind the screws on the bottom of the hatch? I would think so. I know when I remove the screws, the ones under the hatch are going to just spin off the heads and break as I already tried one but the ones into the rim inside on the back of the transom per say are coming out just fine. I can always move the new bracket over some and redrill (I would like to get a more heavy duty version of it if they make it anyway!).

Thank You again! Dean

Last edited by baja25sst; 03-10-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Registered

...For the original question, here is about the only pic I currently have showing my hatch hinges. Can be found at West Marine.

Ignore the blue tape and loose fit, I was in a hurry to test and just slapped the hatch on and only had two of the four in the place.
Attached Thumbnails need hatch hinges-img00101-20101012-1849.jpg  
Old 03-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Registered

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...classNum=11382

Mine also have a matching stainless backing plate for the hull side.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Originally Posted by baja25sst
Thank You XT!!!! I am going to take some pictures of the hinges and get with the company next week (seems like they can make anything!). The ones on their now are like a piano hinge per say but they also have an L shape that connects under the bottom of the rear of the hatch to support it. I am not sure what the screws are actually going into at that point (maybe there is some solid wood behind the screws on the bottom of the hatch? I would think so. I know when I remove the screws, the ones under the hatch are going to just spin off the heads and break as I already tried one but the ones into the rim inside on the back of the transom per say are coming out just fine. I can always move the new bracket over some and redrill (I would like to get a more heavy duty version of it if they make it anyway!).

Thank You again! Dean
Dean,

Let me know if they have any minimum purchase requirements because we might be interested in stocking some. I think that I may have found one of them in the shop, but I might use it to get more made? Do these photos match your hinges in size?

XT
Attached Thumbnails need hatch hinges-imgp4987.jpg   need hatch hinges-imgp4989.jpg   need hatch hinges-imgp4990.jpg  

Old 03-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Originally Posted by c_deezy
...For the original question, here is about the only pic I currently have showing my hatch hinges. Can be found at West Marine.

Ignore the blue tape and loose fit, I was in a hurry to test and just slapped the hatch on and only had two of the four in the place.
The Pull-Apart hinges can also be found at companies like Sea Dog.

http://www.sea-dog.com/categories/hi...ke-apart-hinge
Old 03-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Registered

thats the hinges I need...
Old 03-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Platinum Member

I'm looking for hatch hinges for my 272. Mine are a little different than what you guys are showing for the 24 Sport. Mine attach to the sides of the hatch and not at the back. Anybody know where I can find these? I've checked all the usual places (Skippers, West Marine, etc.).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.