NADA Values

Notices

NADA Values

Old 02-01-2011, 07:41 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default NADA Values

Has anyone checked the value of their boats recently on NADA? Seems mine has gone up in value quite significantly since I purchased it in August. Could help a potential buyer get financing if nothing else.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The NADA price for mine is and has been messed up. For some reason 2003 does not give a twin engine option.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should NADA be used as a guide line to help sell/ buy a specific boat?
Or is NADA out to lunch??
Old 02-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know when I bought mine NADA is what the bank used to tell me how little they would loan me. If bought it today I wouldn't have had to put any money down (according to my new value)

Not so sure you'd actually use it other than for financing purposes. I don't really think my 1999 went up in REAL value. But it doesn't hurt to have the banks lending more on boats when it comes time to sell.

Last edited by Baja_342; 02-01-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

So if a specific boat comes up to a value of lets say 80K using NADA figures, is it safe to say that should be the number used to buy/ sell such said boat??
Lets say finances are already in order and bank financing is not required....
Old 02-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The NADA values are often a good indicator of what you'd pay a dealer, depending on condition. I know dealers have their own source book, which they pay for. I'd have to say a dealer would give you at least 30% less than NADA low retail value. If you're a private seller, I doubt you could get NADA retail value unless your boat is impeccable, or is a model that is hard to find.

You pay high, you get far less. That's the deal.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by VtSteve
The NADA values are often a good indicator of what you'd pay a dealer, depending on condition. I know dealers have their own source book, which they pay for. I'd have to say a dealer would give you at least 30% less than NADA low retail value. If you're a private seller, I doubt you could get NADA retail value unless your boat is impeccable, or is a model that is hard to find.

You pay high, you get far less. That's the deal.
A boat I am interested the selleris private and refers to the NADA pricing.
I was wondering if that was justifiable...the boat in particular has a desirable engine package (Merc blue) which is hard to get in this particular model. 2000 342 Baja loaded with most options including heat/air, micro, fridge, bimini with camper canvas, etc for 80K, 330hrs, apparantly super clean, I havent seen it yet though
Old 02-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by verbi69
A boat I am interested the selleris private and refers to the NADA pricing.
I was wondering if that was justifiable...the boat in particular has a desirable engine package (Merc blue) which is hard to get in this particular model. 2000 342 Baja loaded with most options including heat/air, micro, fridge, bimini with camper canvas, etc for 80K, 330hrs, apparantly super clean, I havent seen it yet though
Sounds like a pretty good price depending on power your referring to. If it's HP500's expect to replace the valve springs if it hasn't been done yet. If it's 500efi's then your good to go.

Here I thought you where talking about mine for a second! LOL!
Old 02-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
Sounds like a pretty good price depending on power your referring to. If it's HP500's expect to replace the valve springs if it hasn't been done yet. If it's 500efi's then your good to go.

Here I thought you where talking about mine for a second! LOL!
Sorry Irish, how'd you make out??
The boat has 500 efi's.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Registered

I'm still trying to sell. Too many people thinking they're going to get a nice setup for junk boat prices. I don't need to sell it. Just looking to upgrade. Glad you found what your looking for.