Trailering my 302 boss >

Trailering my 302 boss

Notices

Trailering my 302 boss

Old 06-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailering my 302 boss

Is it safe to pull my baja 302 on a triple axel aluminum trailer from Atlanta to sarasota fl with my lifted 2500hd duramax?
Old 06-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 11 Posts

Why wouldn't it be? I don't know if you are questioning the boat on the trailer, the overall weight of the package, or the fact that the truck is lifted. As long as the trailer covers the weight of the boat and trailer that shouldn't be an issue. There are plenty of people pulling trailers that exceed the overall weight of the truck towing capacity but as long as your weighted tags are high enough and you don't get into a wreck shouldn't be a problem. The lifted truck part depends on how high its lifted. If its only 4-8 inches shouldn't be a problem but you will need to pay attention in turns as my lifted F250 will kinda role on the side walls of my 36" tall tires. Not an issue once you realize this and you know it will roll a little its just uneasy at first. If your truck is much higher you start putting more stresses on hitches and the center of gravity can affect you. You can pull it you just have to use common sense and you might not be able to pull it as fast as you want.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would say so. I pulled my 29 with a 4" lifted Duramax and with my 6" lifted F250.
I guess as long as you're comfortable with it, keep the long one on the right mashed down and the shiny side up.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
keep the long one on the right mashed down and the shiny side up.