Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
BAJA'S ONLY....Poker Run >

BAJA'S ONLY....Poker Run

Notices

BAJA'S ONLY....Poker Run

Old 06-04-2002, 03:52 PM
OutlawBayB

Default BAJA'S ONLY....Poker Run

Okay, who's doing the Baja Poker Run on June 15th hosted by MarineMax in Clear Lake?

I talked to Ken at MarineMax today & he said 9AM June 15th @ Clear Lake Park for Captain's meeting. Leave boat on trailer.
They think they will charge per head vs. boat, etc @ $25/head which includes a tshirt, lunch & tickets for door prizes. Hands will vary b/w $30-50.

The stops are MarineMax Clear Lake, Kemah Ship channel, Houston ship channel, Stingarees & Galveston.

Sorry, BAJA's ONLY

Old 06-04-2002, 05:11 PM
dloftis

I'd really like to, and I still might, but I feel pretty uncomfortable in the bay in my hammer... I can handle clear lake and Kemah, but once I get past Landry's it just gets too rough.

<sigh> need bigger boat and more experience (or less chop)

Old 06-04-2002, 05:21 PM
Coddigtion

I feel left out on this one. I would like to do the poker run. Will they allow just one AT in? I will put Baja stickers on it temp only though.

I was up at the Marine Max on 45N a few days ago and asked if anyone was doing the poker run with TOPPS on June 8th and they were like the TOPPS club is under them and they just don't like TOPPS.

If ne1 needs a hand let me know. I would like to do the run this weekend, but my crew is out of town and I don't know about doing it myself.

Cheers,

Linn

Last edited by Coddigtion; 06-04-2002 at 05:30 PM.

Old 06-04-2002, 09:50 PM
OutlawBayB

dloftis:
I'm sure you'd be okay, there sure be plenty of boaters out there that would help you out if you got into trouble. But, a little sea sickness might come in from getting beat by the waves
The ride out would be okay, but the ride back.....
Possibility, but I'd still consider getting a bigger boat

Coddington:
Nope, sorry ONLY BAJA's is what I was told. If you know a Topps member, ask if they need an extra hand or two.

I wonder who said that about Topps. They're a pretty cool bunch. In fact, the Poker Run on the 8th is with Topps. I'm not a member, but am going on a members boat as part of the "crew"
or else we'd be taking our boat

Old 06-04-2002, 10:08 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey BayB

Wish I could make it down there. Sounds like a great time. Please post a lot of pictures for those of us that cannot make it down.

Thanks Mark
Old 06-04-2002, 11:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We may make it in my buddies 29 if my wife gets off
Old 06-05-2002, 12:36 PM
OutlawBayB

Baja Boss:
I'll post the pictures that are not rated R or X

Liquid:
Come on down even if your wife doesn't get off
WAIT.....that sounded really.....funny

I may not go w/ Alan (NASDBOY) just depends. But he's in and I think Sy (not goldberg) is also going. It might just turn out to be a guy thing? I'll make my decision at the last minute.
Need to see if my sitter will be feeling up to it by then

Old 06-05-2002, 11:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, well i am thinking about taking my boat to stingaree's and follow to galveston, on that one leg, I'm not a member of Topps[yet} but some friends of mine are, that is on the 8th this saturday, and on the Baja run, I'm on call that week but am looking for a fellow co worker to take the pager for me, I bought my h2x from Mark at marine max {45&airtex} maybe i will see some of you at one of the runs
Old 06-06-2002, 10:08 AM
dloftis

OK, from a newbie to poker runs,

How fast are you guys actually going (average.)

I can handle the bay, but I don't know if I can do much better than 60 out there.

I'd love to go, I just don't know if my little Hammer will take it.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Old 06-06-2002, 01:13 PM
Coddigtion

dloftis: I had a hammer run with me down to Glaveston last weekend, don't know the guy, but it was a hammer. I think that 60 would be a pretty good speed. If you need any help, let me know. You can email me at [email protected] I think that I am going to go to lake travis this weekend.

Quick Reply: BAJA'S ONLY....Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.