Bandit vs 240/226 hull >

Bandit vs 240/226 hull

Notices

Bandit vs 240/226 hull

Old 08-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bandit vs 240/226 hull

Considering a trip to see a Bandit and have never been in the water on one.

I have owned a couple 240's that have some likeness in the cockbit and deck to the Bandit. However the hull looks do have a differant deadrise.

Thinking the Bandit may ride a bit nicer in chop. Anyone have experiance or spec's on the Bandit?
Old 08-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Realize....... there is two Bandits, the early one is a really flat bottom like 15 degree or so and the Bandit 2 starting 3-4 years into the run was brought out to address the ride quality at like 18 degrees, both are flatter than the second gen 240 which was near 20 degrees. They will slap like a bass boat compared to 24 degree or even more than the 240's you mentioned. Just depends where and how you boat.

If you want a bandit 2 PM. me and I will turn you on to a smokin deal on a boat with 69 hours. For that matter just go to the Admirals Anchor site and see it under pre owned. I looked at it but found another I liked better.........

Last edited by Doug Doty; 08-03-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have owned a 226, and the same hull 240. The deadrise is listed at 20 deg. but measures more like 19 1/2.

The original Bandit was based on the 220 Sport hull and had a 15 deg. deadrise. The later Bandit II had the deadrise increased to 20 degrees, but none of the strakes ever ran all the way to the transom. The original Bandit will be faster than your 226, but will be a rougher ride, and a Bandit II was not a great handling boat IMO. You will not get a better riding boat with any Bandit.

PS. I just bought a 220 Sport with a small block in it. They were always 60-65 mph, but in smooth water only!

XT