Carbon Fiber Skeg Guard >

Carbon Fiber Skeg Guard

Notices

Carbon Fiber Skeg Guard

Old 08-10-2011, 01:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber Skeg Guard

recently had a small mishap w my outlaw. got in some shallow stuff and found a little "hard water". My skeg has a small maybe 1 inch long by half inch wide chip taken out of it. I was looking online at a carbon fiber skeg protector from skegprotector.com. just wondering if anyone has tried one of these. I have done some research and see that everyone seems to have a different opinion on whether this slow you down a few mph. Really there is nothing wrong with my skeg besides the fact that every time i pull my boat out of the water its the first thing i see and it makes me mad more than anything. Im just picky like that. I will eventually have it re-welded this winter but im just looking for a quick fix so i can stop obsessing on it..
Old 08-10-2011, 06:58 AM
Registered

I recently found some hard water myself.... I just ground off the damage. If you're definitely going to weld it, I wouldn't bother with the skeg guard. It won't affect much as it is!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Have new material welded in and body finish/repaint it.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Registered

one day in the shop and that thing will look like new for under $200...dont mess with the guard
Old 08-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Registered

I had a regular skeg guard on my 260. This was after the 2nd time I had broken most of mine off. I saw no difference in speed, handling or anthing else with it on. I actually thought it looked nice on there.

Plus I paid alot more than 200 to get my skeg fixed.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:43 AM
Registered

still mixed reviews.. i guess i'll just leave it until the end of the season and have it welded. Just drives me nuts looking at it. Boat didnt have a single blemish until i did that