Trim Pump >

Trim Pump

Notices

Trim Pump

Old 09-13-2011, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim Pump

My trim has started acting funny the last 2 times out and the last time it doesn't seem to have enough power to trim the drive up when running. I have checked th oil and the level is fine. What eles would cause it to lose power? It also sounds like it isnt getting full power? I have noticed that one of my batteries is getting weak but I would think that when running 40MPH there would be enough juice to allow the trim to work.
What should I check to trouble shoot.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:11 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I would look at your battery again. My trim pump was wired to one of my batteries and sure enough that batteries went bad. They battery would not hold a charge or even take a charge. I rewired the pump to the positive cable on the starter so the trim pump runs on which ever battery is selected via the pergo switch. (batt 1 / batt 2 or both)

Like a dummy I changed the trim pump first because the pump would not spin and didn't do my home work. Unstalled new motor same problem. Then went back to look at the batteries. (duhh) I am not sure how much draw that little motor takes but it sure seems like a lot. Again, I would charge and or test your battery and make sure the wire connections are all clean and tight.

If you still arent sure, you can remove the trim pump and bench test the motor with to test leads anda battery for piece of mind. Hope you get it fixed.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:20 AM
Registered

Thanks, will check to see if the trim is located on Bat#2 which is the one that is going bad.

Thanks again
Old 09-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Registered

Could be a solenoid too. Bypass them, and see if it works properly.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Registered

Battery was the culprit. Had to figure out which was bat 1 and which was bat 2. Discovered another problem LOL

I Unhooked Bat 2 positive lead and Bat 1 had power on Switch 1 and Both. Good.
Unhooked Bat 1 Pos lead and I have poweer on Switch 2 but not on Switch Both?
So what is happening is that when I run on Both, only batery 1 is charging. Is there a fuse in the switch or do I have something hooked up wrong?