Baja 290 Value >

Baja 290 Value

Notices

Baja 290 Value

Old 04-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja 290 Value

A buddy of mine is looking at a 92 Baja 290, twin 454's with bravo one dives, Interior was redone bout 3 years ago, maint was kept up, and the owner has all the maint records and receipts for everything done to the boat, Its is excellent shape. Has 330 hours on it. One of the former owners kept it on a sling and didnt use it much, Its sitting on a 07 Hi Tech Marine triple axle trailer, with disc brakes. He is asking 30k for it. ive done some looking on the internet and it seems thats about an average asking price for that boat, but when you look at NADA it says the boat is only worth about 22. Dont want him to over pay for a boat and never be able to sell it should he decide to. Hes new to boating. So whats ya'll opinion, and anything he should look at on the 290s before buyin?
Old 04-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by spark plug
A buddy of mine is looking at a 92 Baja 290, twin 454's with bravo one dives, Interior was redone bout 3 years ago, maint was kept up, and the owner has all the maint records and receipts for everything done to the boat, Its is excellent shape. Has 330 hours on it. One of the former owners kept it on a sling and didnt use it much, Its sitting on a 07 Hi Tech Marine triple axle trailer, with disc brakes. He is asking 30k for it. ive done some looking on the internet and it seems thats about an average asking price for that boat, but when you look at NADA it says the boat is only worth about 22. Dont want him to over pay for a boat and never be able to sell it should he decide to. Hes new to boating. So whats ya'll opinion, and anything he should look at on the 290s before buyin?
Well the banks don't want anything to do with boats, plus I am sure it does not include the price of the trailer. Personally I think it's a little high in price. Most of the 290's had 330's in them not the mags. They are not as desirable due to the 21 degree deadrise. As with any older boat have it inspected for rot. I would say a price of 25k if it is in really nice shape.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Registered

A buddy of mine just bought a 1995 290 with twin 330s for $21,000 CDN. Included an aluminum tri-axle trailer. Very good condition, avg hours.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:54 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by spark plug
I have a 93 Baja 290 with HP500+ motors in it in very nice condition sitting on a triple axle 3 year old aluminum trailer with disc brakes. You can PM me an email addy and I will send you links for pics and videos.