Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Can anybody tell me the actual weight of a 29 outlaw >

Can anybody tell me the actual weight of a 29 outlaw

Notices

Can anybody tell me the actual weight of a 29 outlaw

Old 06-28-2002, 10:57 PM
dloftis

Default Can anybody tell me the actual weight of a 29 outlaw

Including a full tank, gear, and a trailer... with twin engines.

Thanks.

Old 06-29-2002, 02:19 AM
OutlawBayB

roughly, 6800 lbs dry weight, 150 gallon tank (approx 7lbs per gallon of gas)=1050lbs,
trailer depends..........
gear? 25-50 lbs depending on how much alcohol or weight of current hoochies aboard (150-300'bs)

If you're looking in regards to towing weight, you need to get one with capacity of 10-12,000 lbs. Tongue weight min 500+. Never tow with full tank of gas either. Make sure the vehicle has a tranmission cooler too.

Hope this helps!

Old 06-29-2002, 02:25 AM
dloftis

<grin> Now you see why I'm looking at the Excursion. 10K+ pounds I want a 29 or 33 outlaw... The hammer is fun and fast, and easy to tow around.. but hell, 2 foot chop is pretty miserable at 64MPH in a 21'.

(And if I don't get one soon, I might just go nuts... )

Old 06-29-2002, 10:48 AM
Coddigtion

dloftis: No you can't tow it with your current tow rig But a tahoe are a burb would work fine. What are you doing this weekend man?

Old 06-29-2002, 11:05 AM
dloftis

Hey Linn...

We're going to go drive a Tahoe today. I was really unimpressed with the Yukon and Yukon XL though, and I don't expect much difference.

Circumstances have come up that make me want to get rid of the 4Runner. I'll explain it to you later.

This weekend... unfortunately I'm going to a funeral this afternoon. A very good friend and former boss of mine passed away very unexpectedly Wednesday night. Sunday I'm most likely going to be working on a few things on the boat. I need to fix that passenger seat and grab rail.

Hey, BTW, you know how to patch fiberglass? If so, would you be interested in teaching me? Noticed a little chunk missing on the transom when I pulled the boat out last weekend.

Old 06-29-2002, 12:39 PM
Coddigtion

Sorry about the death, that is never good to hear.

Dustin, the Tahoes and the Yukons are about the same. I really want a ML55 or a X5, but you can't tow my boat with either of those, and I can get away with it with the tahoe. I have driven an X and would like to have one, but two things 1) They do not fit into my current garage. (May be moving soon though) 2) They aren't comfortable to drive AT ALL 3) Resale

Yes, I have done a fiberglass patch or two, I am not the worlds best at it, but if it isn't to bad. I can help, and teaching is no problem... Man, you shouldn't be so rough on those grab rails and in your own boat even

-Linn

Old 06-29-2002, 12:52 PM
dloftis

Linn... I actually really liked the X. Thought it drove very well for an American truck it's size.

I love the X5... drove a 4.4i last week. NICE! But a> it costs about $60K (for the 4.4i, about $75K for the 4.6is) and b> while it'll handle my boat just fine, it won't handle the upgrade I'm hoping for in the time I'd own it.

The missing fiberglass is on a corner where the transom meets the hull, along one of the chines. Maybe 1/4" or 1/2" area. No idea what hit it, but it's not major damage.

What are you doing Sunday?

Old 06-29-2002, 01:04 PM
Coddigtion

I am surprised that you liked the X dustin, for me they just weren't there. I don't need to be doing anything right now, as I am closing on a new house in the next few days... You going to help me move?

Sunday really depends on the weather right now. If it is pretty I will be over at the river more than likely, but with the weather like it is right now, just hanging out. We have to wait until the humidity goes down a little before we do any fiberglas work. Did you and Kelly have fun at the river?

Old 06-29-2002, 08:23 PM
dloftis

I'll help you move if I'm in town, which pretty much excludes July

I understand the humidity thing. But waiting for a not humid day in Houston? LOL...

Kell and I had a good time. I'm not sure if Brian and Trish enjoyed it much. I'll be back out there

I might take the boat out tomorrow if the weather is nice, but probably not. It's been a pretty hectic few days :/ and I have things to catch up on.

Old 06-30-2002, 02:56 AM
Doubletime

Look at the GMC Denali P/U. I got one this summer and luv it. The 4 wheel steering "rocks".

Quick Reply: Can anybody tell me the actual weight of a 29 outlaw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.