Repower my H2X with procharged 509

Notices

Repower my H2X with procharged 509

Old 06-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by quick69
Hey Jason,
It was good meeting you also. I cant wait to get my engine back. Eddie says that it will be ready the middle of next week, we will see. It will be 12 and a half weeks since I dropped my engine off at YPM. I hope like hell it will be ready!

Will yall be at the sandbar this weekend?
Great news!

We have had a busy June. We were at the Murray poker Run, then the beach the next weekend, then the mountians this past weekend. Havent even seen my boat in 2 weeks!!

We should be down at the south sand bar this weekend, at least on saturday, flag us down if you're out there!
Old 06-26-2012, 08:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by articfriends
Mark, who posted a pic of a boogered up cobbled job pick up on another post? I remember seeing it but can't find it, looked like a 12 year old built the other one! I used a bored out AN adapter fitting on the top connection of my dip tube on my 272 but have bever pulled the whole thing out and modified it, believe it or not I have ran 10 minutes at wot at 90-100 mph at 1000+ hp and never melted down or saw a fuel pressure drop!! Smitty
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-helpfull.html

The I.D. of a -10 is .484", the narrowest point of a 3/8 npt is .600" on the O.D., the I.D. is .405", so you have .058" wall thickness. Being made of stainless, that would give enough strength. I wouldn't, butt weld a tube on the end and if you recessed it you really wouldn't have any thread support.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:56 PM
TLP
Registered

Plastic tank or steal if its plastic you can break it speaking from experience
Old 06-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Registered

I finally got my new gauges wired up and my speaker pods mounted and wired..

Old 06-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Registered

Looks good man! Did you ever think about getting colored cup holders?

Any word on the motor hold up?
Old 06-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fordtough150
Looks good man! Did you ever think about getting colored cup holders?

Any word on the motor hold up?
Thanks! I already have new stainless cup holders I plan on using. I plan on putting them in today.

Eddie and I both talked to Procharger yesterday. We were missing a power steering relocation bracket. My kit didn't call for it for some reason and it wasn't on their parts list. They didn't even know what I was describing. I think Procharger needs to hire more help in the customer service dept.

Luckily Eddie had the exact bracket that I needed at his shop on another customers engine and was able to get the part number off of it. The two piece bracket and spacers were supposed to be overnighted to YPM yesterday. Hopefully he gets the parts this morning. If all goes well I plan on driving to Nashville to get everything tomorrow.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Registered

Thanks! I already have new stainless cup holders I plan on using. I plan on putting them in today.

Eddie and I both talked to Procharger yesterday. We were missing a power steering relocation bracket. My kit didn't call for it for some reason and it wasn't on their parts list. They didn't even know what I was describing. I think Procharger needs to hire more help in the customer service dept.

Luckily Eddie had the exact bracket that I needed at his shop on another customers engine and was able to get the part number off of it. The two piece bracket and spacers were supposed to be overnighted to YPM yesterday. Hopefully he gets the parts this morning. If all goes well I plan on driving to Nashville to get everything tomorrow.

Does that mean we should see you out on the water saturday??
Old 06-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Registered

Good deal! Stainless cup holders will look nice.

Hopefully you have some numbers to talk about after this weekend. What prop do you plan to run first?
Old 06-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JBrock
Does that mean we should see you out on the water saturday??
Man I had planned on being out with my boat Saturday. I have been on the phone with Eddie and Travis with YPM several times today. Most of the parts from Procharger were delivered around noon. Of course, we are missing some of the hardware for the power steering relocating bracket. Eddie had to make some of the spacers and order some of the odd bolts. As of now it will be Friday before we can Dyno and tune the engine. As soon as I get my engine back I still have to paint it to match my boat. It should take no more than a day for me to have it ready to go play!
It will be more like Sunday before I have it ready to hit the Lake.

Last edited by quick69; 06-27-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Man I had planned on being out with my boat Saturday. I have been on the phone with Eddie and Travis with YPM several times today. Most of the parts from Procharger were delivered around noon. Of course, we are missing some of the hardware for the power steering relocating bracket. Eddie had to make some of the spacers and order some of the odd bolts. As of now it will be Friday before we can Dyno and tune the engine. As soon as I get my engine back I still have to paint it to match my boat. It should take no more than a day for me to have it ready to go play!
It will be more like Sunday before I have it ready to hit the Lake.
I vaguely remember having that much energy to work on a boat.......I just can't do it anymore Eddie is a good dude. We got almost 900 hp out of my last engine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.