Engine hatch switch >

Engine hatch switch

Notices

Engine hatch switch

Old 11-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine hatch switch

I recently joined the Baja world and I'm pumped about it.

I have a bad hatch switch causing me some problems. I can get the hatch to open but have to wiggle the wires and blades on the back of the switch to get it to make contact to close the hatch. I have checked to see that wires are on blades securely. They are the Carling brand switches and in my searching I can only find switch covers.

Any tips on where to look or anyone have the switch itself.

Also I am going to switch my white switch covers out with plain black ones and then re-decal the switch panel with with switch info above each switch. Unless I can come up with all the switches with labels. (seems doubtful after all i've read).

Thanks for any help that you all may have!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Eddie Marine?
Old 11-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Registered

What year and boat? What style of switches
Old 11-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great lakes skipper
Old 11-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Registered

Wow! You all are quick! I have a 1997 252 Boss. I checked great lakes skipper and didn't see the switch itself, just covers. I will check the other recommendation.

Here's what I'm working with.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nyxk6xt695...%2007%20PM.jpg

Thanks!
Old 11-05-2012, 12:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jse1982
Wow! You all are quick! I have a 1997 252 Boss. I checked great lakes skipper and didn't see the switch itself, just covers. I will check the other recommendation.

Here's what I'm working with.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nyxk6xt695...%2007%20PM.jpg

Thanks!
That boat looks quite familiar...lol. I looked at GSK, and they bought all the NOS stuff from Baja, but it's pretty much just for twins, so you'll have to buy way more than you need. And it's not the rocker anyway. They are the same switches in a Sea Ray, but they are only available in black, so you would have to replace every switch if you want them to match. The whole reason I didn't. The cable mess behind that panel sucks, (factory setup BTW) but you might want to try pulling that switch out, and taking it to west marine or somewhere similar, and seeing if you can find a replacement. I seriously doubt you will. but I have a few ideas. give me a shout tomorrow sometime.

Last edited by txtraveller2002; 11-05-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:23 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have hundreds of the Baja factory black labeled rocker switches in stock. All of them are in the factory panels with harness and I have been reluctant in the past to split them up.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://greatlakesskipper.com/product...tch-cover.html
Old 11-05-2012, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Great lakes skipper
^^+1 that is where I found matching switches for my 90 DVX. They have a lot of random stuff for Baja's

Last edited by 92nsx; 11-05-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Registered

Thanks for the replies.

Troper, that's for the switch cover, which I will need eventually when I switch over to black, but right now I'm trying find the switch itself.

Brian41, so is there a chance you would part with pieces now? I'm going to make a complete list of all the switch covers I need along with a couple switches and try to begin gathering them up.

Txtraveller2002, do I know you? You've seen this boat before? Lol. Nice to find you on here. Your not lying about that wire harness behind the switches. Some of those wire are pulled so tight. Some of them are twisted so much that the wire insulation has cracked, exposed bare wires. I'm going to clean all that up and add some heat shrink. We have a Baja dealer (when they are dealing) locally and I was going to stop in there with it one day and see what they have to say.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.