Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Me too, me too -- InstaTrim Boat Leveler trim tab problems >

Me too, me too -- InstaTrim Boat Leveler trim tab problems

Notices

Me too, me too -- InstaTrim Boat Leveler trim tab problems

Old 08-01-2002, 09:27 AM
99Hammer

Baja Daze,

Is the problem in the switch or the motor? Can you apply power directly to the down wires and have it work? Did you check the wires or switch with a volt meter? That's where I would start.

Insta trim is pretty good about thier products. If it is the motor, I'm sure they would work a deal on a new one.

Old 08-01-2002, 09:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ya, I have the same suspicions, too...I have not had a chance to look closely at the situation yet. I also have heard good things about the company!
Old 08-01-2002, 09:59 AM
Chadd

Baja Daze and 99 Hammer, Thanks. I'll check it out this
weekend.

Old 08-01-2002, 04:34 PM
250 sport

Mine did the same thing over the 4 th holiday. The problem was the plug at the pump had pulled half way off. The wires that controlled the up function were still conected and the other wires for the down function had slid out. I hope your problem is as simple to fix as this one was.

Old 08-02-2002, 08:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks...That's promising! I too hope it's a simple little wire or something like that, that will be easy to find and easy to fix!
Old 09-01-2002, 10:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default FIXED, WooHooooo!!!

They're fixed! Working perfectly, no problems.

It was really a stupid problem that took me finally breaking down and contorting myself in ways I didn't know I could(or should) and stumbling across a partially engaged connector.

The up function was making contact, but the down function wasn't engaged. That's all it was, a simple plug unplugged.

Old 09-01-2002, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: FIXED, WooHooooo!!!

Originally posted by Baja Daze
They're fixed! Working perfectly, no problems.

It was really a stupid problem that took me finally breaking down and contorting myself in ways I didn't know I could(or should) and stumbling across a partially engaged connector.

The up function was making contact, but the down function wasn't engaged. That's all it was, a simple plug unplugged.

Contorting yourself???!!! Wait till you get that twin engine 30 Outlaw. Then you will know what contorting is really about.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gottahaveit,
Indeed, a great feeling...Just not much of an accomplishment!

29Outlaw,
I tell you what...That's exactly what I was thinking about when I was contemplating 'crawling in'...."Man, this has got to suck in a twin"
Old 09-02-2002, 09:40 AM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just have to figure out how to fix the indicators. I personally want to yank these tabs and install K-Planes. I did it on the last boat. I feel insta-trims are kinda junky for perfromance boats.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I agree, shooter. K-planes are the undesputed best in High-performance trim tabs, but the dual ram insta-trims are really pretty well built. They are strong steel plate and the dual ram units can take a pounding.

Quick Reply: Me too, me too -- InstaTrim Boat Leveler trim tab problems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.