Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Should i keep my 33OL or sell it? >

Should i keep my 33OL or sell it?

Notices

Should i keep my 33OL or sell it?

Old 05-14-2013, 03:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should i keep my 33OL or sell it?

I just bought a 1999 33OL last year. twin 496. Redo the upholstery and upgraded the speakers system with JLs. Everything were doing great untill TickFaw 200. Seen many nice boat out there, especially the Cigarette 38 Top Gun. So, should I move up or stay where I am at.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 248 Likes on 115 Posts

Move on UP!!

What could go wrong
Old 05-14-2013, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Well A LOT of nice hardware showed up there! It will be tough to upgrade boats, show up again, and not have the feeling of wanting to upgrade boats again!

How do you use your boat?
Family? Swimming? Overnighting? Bar hoping? frequent poker runs?

How often, how many hours a year?

Whats your budget like for not only the boat but the UP KEEP!?

What goals would you like out of a new boat?

The 33 Outlaw is a special boat. It Does a lot of stuff great, is one of the best Baja hulls. Has a HUGE cockpit. Overall is an EXCELLENT bang for the buck.

Would you rather upgrade boats and have less money to actually go boating, or keep what you have and go out on the water MORE?
Old 05-14-2013, 08:45 AM
Registered

I sure do love hearing all these good things about the 33OL... ha
Old 05-14-2013, 09:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mittens View Post
I sure do love hearing all these good things about the 33OL... ha
Me too since I just bought one!!

I agree with what OffEx says..

I bought mine b/c of the cockpit space and the enclosed head...there are very FEW in its size or even larger that has this much cockpit room.

Mine is a 98 which I got a super deal with NEW motors.. Plan to add Hydo steering, drive indicators, a Wrap and a host of minor lil things and plan on keeping this one for a while!

Keep it!! (depending on your goals, ego, and budget )
I found exactly what I wanted and didn't break the bank AND skipped 2ft idis by getting a 29-30ft when upgrading.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion View Post
Well A LOT of nice hardware showed up there! It will be tough to upgrade boats, show up again, and not have the feeling of wanting to upgrade boats again!

How do you use your boat?
Family? Swimming? Overnighting? Bar hoping? frequent poker runs?

Family ,Bar Hoping and Poker Runs

How often, how many hours a year?

we are trying to take the boat out at least once every weekend when the weather permits during the boat seasons
Whats your budget like for not only the boat but the UP KEEP!?

Well, if just the basic oil, fluids, that's no problems at all. just not rebuild the engine every year. hahah
What goals would you like out of a new boat?

80mph plus, XR outdrive. maybe AC and Gen set. Blue motors

The 33 Outlaw is a special boat. It Does a lot of stuff great, is one of the best Baja hulls. Has a HUGE cockpit. Overall is an EXCELLENT bang for the buck.

Would you rather upgrade boats and have less money to actually go boating, or keep what you have and go out on the water MORE?
My 33OL came with the 496 Mag, so speed wise 63-67 top. The boat is easy to trailer too, especially the with the triple Electric over hydro disc brakes, makes traveling lots easier.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Registered

finding a CIG with genny, is almost impossibe I did say almost. but holly **** its hard.

Cigs are a dream of mine. BUT one thing i have realised they are not for me, I stay on the boat, need a bath room, like aminitys. and thats lacking in them for the most part.

now if you want to runt he boat, and stay in a hotel. thats the boat to have.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depending on your budget a Donzi ZR might work? I have seen lots of 38's and a Few 35's with Blue motors, A/C is pretty common, not sure about Gensets?

This boat has pretty much everything you want/need, I have no connection to it, but, have spoke to the owner and he seems like a very nice fella and has maintained the boat meticulously

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o49661-en.html

You might find a nice 35-38ft Fountain reasonable, both boats will have stepped hulls and will run quicker than your current set up, stock 500EFI's shouldn't break the bank on maintainance.

I don't know your budget, so, just throwing out some options, I am sure you could find a nice Nor tech or Outerlimits with the options you want pretty easily, if you got the budget for it.

Hope this helps!
Michael
Old 05-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Someone is always going to have a nicer faster boat! I remember when I bought my 25OL, to me I had the baddest boat on the water , I couldn't help wondering out to the driveway just to look at it, then the newness faded and i started looking again and questioning my purchase! This all goes away the second I dip her!

I've learned to be happy with what I have, and not to make life a competition that I could never win!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Registered

That's pretty nice.. like the cuddy but that cockpit is small.. he couldn't even get the floor in the pic of the bench.. you can see the back of the bolster..

Again.. depends what he wants.. sacrifice somewhere!! Happy with my 33 ol and get to keep my Baja shirts, hat and coozie!!! Though I need another sticker for the jeep!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.