buying a baja  need id help >

buying a baja need id help

Notices

buying a baja need id help

Old 10-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buying a baja need id help

im going tomorrow to buy this boat was wondering if anyone has ever seen it . its from nyc throgs neck area from what i hear guy that owned it was a older and a bit on crazy side boat is in a bit of disrepair but its super solid interior is dirty but salvageable. its being sold with trailer no power or drives for an un believable price. i believe its a baja force 280 with molded swim deck. it had twin 454 i was told crazy long trims . all i have is front pic oh it has the words" keep moving " side with a road runner out front and a coyote out back any info would be great
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Registered

Hope it's basically free. Not worth much without power or drives.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:38 PM
Registered

Basically buying trailer getting boat for free
Old 10-21-2013, 08:43 PM
Registered

you will spend way more re-powering and rigging that boat than it is probably worth even (if you got all of it for free) than you could buy one complete for , i would guess you would spend 16-20 k to do it right and thats just for used parts
Old 10-22-2013, 06:11 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure where you are but there are 2 nery nice Baja 280's in Jersey. One is $15k and one is $18k.

If you look for a 290 they are newer and you can find them in the same range as well.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Dam, if your not keeping the boat, I might be interested in the starboard bow rail. But it might be to long for my 265... would need to measure it.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey 92nsx I have a starboard bow rail off of a 240 sport (87) that's in perfect shape. Only thing it's missing is the tapered end where it screws to the boat. If you're interested I'll get you some bolt hole dimensions and length if you're interested. I'll basically give it to you but shipping might be Afew bucks
Old 10-23-2013, 09:41 AM
Registered

so guy from marina who sold me boat gave me two gen iv 454 complete motors minus risers and bellhousings .
thats a score in my book freebie and hes gonna hook me up with some other swag for my boat really nicw guy . now back to my boat strated stripping nasty paint from boat from what i can see some one rattle canned this boat to cover all factory gelcoat. guy in marina told me the guy who owned this boat use to race for money back in the day and would spray boat from time to time to conceal identity . he also showed me the original motors from boat they were mercury blue 454 mpi 500hp motors and bravo three drives thats why they were yanked guy never payed for the up grade then he got sick sad story boat has been out of water since 04
Old 10-23-2013, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TuneForLife
so guy from marina who sold me boat gave me two gen iv 454 complete motors minus risers and bellhousings .
thats a score in my book freebie and hes gonna hook me up with some other swag for my boat really nicw guy . now back to my boat strated stripping nasty paint from boat from what i can see some one rattle canned this boat to cover all factory gelcoat. guy in marina told me the guy who owned this boat use to race for money back in the day and would spray boat from time to time to conceal identity . he also showed me the original motors from boat they were mercury blue 454 mpi 500hp motors and bravo three drives thats why they were yanked guy never payed for the up grade then he got sick sad story boat has been out of water since 04
I predict another OSO classic
Old 10-23-2013, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have never seen factory 454 mpi's that came Mercury racing blue, mercruiser never had a 454 mpi that was 500 HP, and there were no mercruiser mpi engines period when your boat was manufactured.

Also never heard of Baja making a twin big block boat with bravo 3's.

Spray paint and racing for money? Really?

The story doesn't sound like there is much truth to it.

No matter though, congrats on getting the boat and have fun with the build.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.